Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can y'all explain this to me better, like where it goes, how to make one and if they are better than reservoirs.

Thx water pros.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
well they aren't really better than reses but they work. i always put mine before my pump. you can make one with a simple T splitter from home depot or you can get more advanced and get a custom water cooling one

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
placement:
anywhere really, but popular places are right before pump, highest point in loop, and lowest point in loop. before pump so it's easier to prime when filling, highest for bleeding or filling, and lowest for easy draining.

make one:
???
you can buy premade plastic, brass, nickel-plated whatever material ones online or at a local hardware store.
I guess you could make one out of existing barbs and a lot of glue, or have a block of delrin you could drill and tap to place the barbs in like this:

vs reservoirs:
no difference really. they both serve a similar function, but according to extensive tests done by Martinm210 the difference between them is an equivalency of a small length of tubing. so it's more of a preference thing from a performance standpoint.
from a pragmatist's viewpoint, a res bleeds and fills faster but a Tline is easier to just tuck away.

• Rep+
Reactions: mastical

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
like the yboth have said, there is no difference. it's just meant as a way to get water into the system. Nothing makes a res better or worse then a t line just like no res is better then the other.

• Rep+
Reactions: mastical
1 - 5 of 5 Posts