Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since deciding to go with air cooling on my ASUS 8800GT 512Mb (and save the water cooling for my CPU) I have been looking at a lot of reviews for the Thermalright HR-03 GT and the Thermalright T-Rad2. However all the reviews I have read either has the HR-03 GT as the better option then the T-Rad2 or vice versa. I am not planning on running SLI at any point in the future though I do plan on fitting 92mm fans to which ever heat-sink I eventually buy.

Are the temperature reduction differences so small that it doesn't really matter? As both heat-sinks cost about the same.

Also whats a good quite fan to go on them?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
HR-03 if single card, Trad2 if sli... But both will be a huge improvement over stock.

Since u mention no sli, HR-03 FTW!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it true that the HR-03 GT can fit a 120mm fan on it? Ok did some checking up and found that you can but I would have to buy extra attachments so Im going to stick with a 92mm fan.

Im going with a 92mm Xigmatek XSF-F9251 eXteme Performance Quiet Fan 2000 rpm, 37.8 CFM, <24 dB.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am now the proud owner of a Thermalright HR-03-GT and to accompany it a Xigmatek eXteme Performance Quiet Fan. Costing a total of £39.92 including shipping. And installation insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts