Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3 .com
UK release date given to the LG Optimus 4X HD quad-core smartphone, officially announced at Mobile World Congress earlier this year

The LG Optimus 4X HD has been given an official release date in June for the UK, with the company promising that it will roll out the device across Europe, followed by countries in Asia, CIS, South and Central America in the coming months.

The Optimus 4X HD was officially announced by LG at the Mobile World Congress in February and joined the Huawei Ascend D Quad as the latest handsets to pack double the processing power.
To read the full article, click here.

Super Moderator
When I saw "LG Optimus 4X HD" I was hoping for a 4K monitor/TV
frown.gif

The phone does seem nice but I think a 1.5GHz quad core is a bit over the top for a phone, unless it can be plugged into a monitor and used as a more portable laptop.

Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

frown.gif

The phone does seem nice but I think a 1.5GHz quad core is a bit over the top for a phone, unless it can be plugged into a monitor and used as a more portable laptop.
That title is so misleading................man i got all excited expecting 4K displays to start rolling out.

Super Moderator

PC Evangelist
Never getting a LG phone again. No support what so ever.

Banned
Snap!!! This or the SGS3??! The Optimus 2x / G2x was a beast of its day, and the phone I currently have.

Anybody know if this or the SGS3 has a pentile display or anything like that?

PC Evangelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4nderer View Post

Snap!!! This or the SGS3??! The Optimus 2x / G2x was a beast of its day, and the phone I currently have.
Anybody know if this or the SGS3 has a pentile display or anything like that?
S2 is a lot better then G2x by far. S3 all the way.

PC Gaming Master Race
sicksmiley.png
I highly advise everyone to stay away from this phone. Coming from a G2x owner. I will never again make the mistake of buying an LG phone.

Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryWin View Post

I haven't had any problems with my LG Optimus Q...
I can say the same about my former Optimus S. That thing was a tank! And the dev community is awesome for it too! Any support I needed I just browsed around xda and androidcentral
thumb.gif

But I've become an HTC fanboy now. I want the Evo LTE!
drool.gif

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post

sicksmiley.png
I highly advise everyone to stay away from this phone. Coming from a G2x owner. I will never again make the mistake of buying an LG phone.
I don't get why some people hate the G2x so much?? Sure it's not the best anymore, but when it was released it was a beast! Kind of sucks there is no official ICS update yet, but there are a ton of ICS roms for it that have everything working except hardware video acceleration, which you can get around with using an app that allows software video.

Registered
Yet another person that was looking forward to QFHD screens...

Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4nderer View Post

I don't get why some people hate the G2x so much?? Sure it's not the best anymore, but when it was released it was a beast! Kind of sucks there is no official ICS update yet, but there are a ton of ICS roms for it that have everything working except hardware video acceleration, which you can get around with using an app that allows software video.
Because there is a large portion of G2x owners with G2x phones that constantly crash. I have to reboot mine 3-4 times a day. Every time I leave a building I was in for more then an hour I have to reboot to get signal back. If I don't reboot the phone before bed it will crash in the middle of the night. The phone is hit or miss. You either get a good one or a pile of crap. I have tried many custom roms and I can't find a single one to fix the issues. Don't even get me started on the invalid sim card errors. I'm counting the days until I can get rid of it.

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolting View Post

Because there is a large portion of G2x owners with G2x phones that constantly crash. I have to reboot mine 3-4 times a day. Every time I leave a building I was in for more then an hour I have to reboot to get signal back. If I don't reboot the phone before bed it will crash in the middle of the night. The phone is hit or miss. You either get a good one or a pile of crap. I have tried many custom roms and I can't find a single one to fix the issues. Don't even get me started on the invalid sim card errors. I'm counting the days until I can get rid of it.
Hmm, I've literally not had any of those problems. I guess I am not tainted for the release of the 4x, but I will be on the lookout for reviews that mention problems like you mentioned. I am just excited how it stacks up against the SGS3, they both seem fairly evenly matched.

Read Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

frown.gif

This. I was all happy because I thought it was high res displays.

On another note, that is a beautiful phone, inside an out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts