Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive finally narrowed down all the parts to my new rig but the ps. was orginaly looking at the antec 550 then the ocz power stream and now the Tagan 480 has my full attention.

Does it have a pci express connertor or do i need to by an adaptor? and is the board a 20 or 24 pin without any adaptors? i keep seeing different reviews say its 20 and another review say its 24 without the adaptor. or maybe im just reading the specs wrong.

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
well, im not sure about the tagan, but i dont think tis the best. i swear by my OCZ powerstream, and i highly recommend it. imk pretty sure the tagan has 24pin connector though

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
check out my guide on PSUs in my sig
the tagan is indeed a very top quality PSU, its been tested with a dual xeon system with a 6800gt and audigy 2 ZS and was rock solid in every department

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyre

Well ive finally narrowed down all the parts to my new rig but the ps. was orginaly looking at the antec 550 then the ocz power stream and now the Tagan 480 has my full attention.

Does it have a pci express connertor or do i need to by an adaptor? and is the board a 20 or 24 pin without any adaptors? i keep seeing different reviews say its 20 and another review say its 24 without the adaptor. or maybe im just reading the specs wrong.

thanks

Have a look at this in-depth review it gives the tagan 5 out of 5 also custompc magazine rate this as the best PSU to have. I have ordered one today and will come back and let everyone know how it performs in a week or so.

http://modtown.co.uk/mt/review2.php?id=taganpsu

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyre

thanks

It has Dual PCI-E and a 24-pin connector that can be converted into a 20-pin connector if neccesary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts