Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to contribute to the team. I origionally was BOINC'ing to help my dad and his standing on his team (not hard to max those peeps).

Anyway, I have to help him a bit since his RAC plummeted when I left to come here to OCN. I'm going to hook him up for a few weeks, then return. I feel guilty....

·
Premium Member
10,487 Posts
It is more about the research than who it is done for.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by goodtobeking View Post
Dont worry, we will be here. You better pick up 2 480s before you come back. JK. Crunch on.
Actually I was thinking of trading in the gtx295's for a 5970 and getting the ATI crunching going.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Nice, I am wanting to upgrade my graphics as well. Just for the Folding and Crunching power. I dont game as much as I like, so I crunch instead.

But remember, your only a stranger if you make yourself one. Dont forget your brothers, and sisters, and Zodac(scratches head)

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steadly2004
View Post

I wonder what 2x 5970's would get RAC wise?

A LOT. But not as much as 4 x 5870s. IIRC, you can't disable CF on a 5970 w/o having the second core disabled as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLChris
View Post

Wait for the 6xxx series, they might crunch better.

No point in spending almost a grand on old tech.

Time will tell, but if not the 6000 series will still drive prices of the 5000 series down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.