Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Due to exceptionally high demand, we've decided to go back on our earlier verdict on the Tapatalk forum plugin for mobile browsing and will be implementing the system shortly on a temporary basis. At such time as we move to our new platform, a platform-agnostic mobile version of the site will exist and Tapatalk will no longer be available. Or best guess is that this temp system will be in place for 4 to 6 months. Unfortunately, Tapatalk has experienced some bugs in the past related to security flaws and allowing users to post under any name. Please note that, should issues like this pop up again, we will discontinue use of the software.

Please stay tuned for more details....

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Please please please tell me CarForum will get it too....

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
...I hope to god we aren't required to use this thing to browse on our phones, because I am NOT going to buy an app just to be able to post from my phone that doesn't kick back a considerable amount to OCN.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Thank god! Always wanted it for OCN. xDD

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
...I hope to god we aren't required to use this thing to browse on our phones, because I am NOT going to buy an app just to be able to post from my phone that doesn't kick back a considerable amount to OCN.
The app is free to browse OCN... if you wnat to post you have to buy it.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
The app is free to browse OCN... if you wnat to post you have to buy it.
Yes, I know how it works. That's exactly why I don't want it. Like I said I'm NOT going to buy a program to allow me to post from my phone when the free browsers can do it just fine. Which is why I hope tapatalk isn't mandatory for mobile browsing.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Yes, I know how it works. That's exactly why I don't want it. Like I said I'm NOT going to buy a program to allow me to post from my phone when the free browsers can do it just fine. Which is why I hope tapatalk isn't mandatory for mobile browsing.
On my Droid X, I can switch between "desktop" and "mobile" versions of websites as I feel.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tapatalk is an app - as such, accessing the site in your mobile browser will still take you to regular old OCN. I'm not so much a fan on the principal, either, but heavy demand was hard to ignore. Those who like Tapatalk are free to use it for now, those who don't can continue using the full site in their browsers.

Once we jump ship to our new platform, there will be a dedicated mobile site that is full featured, user selectable, and completely free.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Ahh, that's all I wanted to know. As long as I can still use the free browsers to post I'm good.

Oh yeah, we'd never do anything like that.
We like giving things away, remember?

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
I can't find OCN on Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244 View Post
I can't find OCN on Tapatalk.
Ditto, using the keywords "overclock" and "OCN." Guess it hasn't been activated yet.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Mule
View Post

Ditto, using the keywords "overclock" and "OCN." Guess it hasn't been activated yet.

I guess not.
I was excited to see how it would work. I've never used it before.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have submitted the request for the installation to BFRD - he or I will update you as soon as things are live.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tapatalk should now be live.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts