Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Processor, Motherboard, RAM

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as most of you know income tax season is here and some of us will end up with some extra cash to spend. I'm looking at going to routes for upgrades and I would like to see what the overclock community recommends. I currently have a 3570K processor in my PC with 2 Nvidia GTX970 graphics card in my PC. I'm looking at upgrading to an intel 6600K with obviously a new motherboard and RAM. I would also like to go to a custom watercooling loop for the processor and both GPUs. its looking like ill only have a budget of about $500. what would any of you recommend? Going to a watercooling loop route or going with a new Processor and parts?

·
Senior OCN Member
40,741 Posts
You could start with listing the rest of the parts you have in your system other then just CPU and video cards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CPU is a 3570K
GPU- Nvidia GTX970 x2
RAM- 16GB DDR3
MOBO- ASUS P8-Z77
HDD- one SSD and 2 mechanical drives
PSU- Corsair CS850

·
Senior OCN Member
40,741 Posts
Which SSD and HDD and what size? and what monitor?
So far what i have seen i say dont bother with upgrading the CPU motherboard and RAM, get a 1440P monitor if you dont have one already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2 seagate barracudas 1TB each and my SSD is like 150 i believe a PNY

My monitor is my samsung UHD 60"

·
Senior OCN Member
40,741 Posts
If you are playing games you are better off with a proper PC monitor.

·
Registered
661 Posts
What resolution do you play at ? Is the CPU overclocked ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually play at 3840x2160. the reason I have it hookked up to my TV is becuase I have all my movies and tv series' on my computer so I figured why not plus i havent had an issue with lag at all. Yety, yes the CPU is overclocked to 4.2 GHz i believe is what it is at. I also have my cpu cooler as a corsair H80 as well

·
Senior OCN Member
40,741 Posts
The first thing you should upgrade then is the CPU cooler as its not all that great.
And no dont get another AIO cooler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no if im gonna do water cooling again im gonna do a custom loop. that pretty much answers what i wanted to know. if im gonna do a custom loop i need to get two GPU water blocks and a CPU water block. is there any science to choosing a radiator?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts