Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Well, hello there...
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
"Well, it looks like T-Mobile's promotion was an overwhelming success and BlackBerry owners dumped their devices en masse."
Source

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
BlackBerry's CEO followed suit and went on to call T-Mobile's promotion "inappropriate" and an "ill-conceived marketing promotion."

Rofl, so are your phones, Blackberry.
lachen.gif

·
Registered
287 Posts
See no problem with this promotion considering T-Mobile doesn't carry any current BlackBerry devices, except for an old Bold I believe.

·
Folding Fanatic
1,494 Posts
I'm disappointed that T-mobile is cutting ties with BB, I have the Q10 and I love it. Very efficient. If I used a touch keyboard at work there would be 50 little grease prints on the screen at all times..
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

Goodness, I don't even like Apple as a company but damn, I'd take an iphone 5s over a blackberry.
As you should, the i5s is probably the best phone I've ever had.

Edit: I do want to add thou that due to Verizon's inflation I will be leaving. So I may be turning back to the dark side and getting an Android.
cryingsmiley.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulRoad View Post

See no problem with this promotion considering T-Mobile doesn't carry any current BlackBerry devices, except for an old Bold I believe.
Curve 9315
Q10
Z10

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstock76 View Post

As you should, the i5s is probably the best phone I've ever had.
Curve 9315
Q10
Z10
Until about 5 days ago T-Mobile did not have a single BB10 device listed on their site. They also do not sell them in stores. This article is just very slightly sensationalist and most definitely misleading.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejanh View Post

Until about 5 days ago T-Mobile did not have a single BB10 device listed on their site. They also do not sell them in stores. This article is just very slightly sensationalist and most definitely misleading.
I think marketing has to do with BB's demise. They are probably still as excellent device but people want bells and whistles i.e. G5 or i5 or whatever. I personally owned one about 5 years ago and I loved it. But times change. I'd be willing to reconsider and test the BB if it can be proven that they are as reliable as and iPhone.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Well i tell you one thing, Im on contract just to have the Q10 and i dont regret it one bit, Its perfect, BB10 works so damn well and if BB were to pack up tomorrow ill buy a few extra Q10's until a phone that doesnt use ios windows or android comes out that has a keyboard

I got a tablet recently (A decent one, tegra 4 and all that) and it just shows me how clunky android is, and you have to download a bunch of crap to keep yourself secure.

Ios is not great, But if i were to move ill probably go to an iphone because it works, Windows phone is kinda a more reliable version of android

OS Aside though, I dont understand why the hell we dont get phones with sliding physical keyboards anymore, they are required, A phone isnt for games in my eyes, Its for doing occasional browsing and sending texts/emals and IM's all that stuff in a fast way. A touch screen is great for navigation, so we dont need a d pad or that, but a keyboard is required for fast communication, Q10 does everything i want in a phone, EVERYTHING...

More towards the topic.... T Mobile isnt the greatest of carriers these days so they say 94% took on this deal... its just the same effect as a new phone being released as everyone sells there old one on ebay at that point, Not as much as a hit as you think.

Its not that no one wants a blackberry, its do they really want to spend the same amount on a blackberry when they can get an iphone for the same price... Or less even When the Q10 was released in the UK it was £550 to buy it out right.... I think over £250 is absurd for any phone and the latest iphone 5? 16gig was £500 outright at the time, The main problem with BB not selling is the price, and im sure they are trying to remedy that as they are now working with foxconn I believe they are aiming under $200 for the Z3 that seems like an improvement over the Z10 and even the Z30 even though its not got 4G, A minor issue personally, I think they are aiming under $250 for their next keyboard phone too.

While i love blackberry, I know that they are far from a perfect company in these times.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,463 Posts
BB is horrible

I use one and I want to smash it constantly

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
BlackBerry now turned into a raspberry
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post

BlackBerry's CEO followed suit and went on to call T-Mobile's promotion "inappropriate" and an "ill-conceived marketing promotion."

lachen.gif
Sir, when I first started in this business, the Blackberry was god.

Even when the Iphone debuted, the Blackberry was god.

Only after the Iphone 3 did they really lose traction and fail.

While I do very much agree that their current marketing strategies blow -- The Z10 is actually a very good product. The Z30 is awesome too.

Tell you what, here's a challenge.

Use your Iphone continuously for 20 hours without recharging...Play a game, do whatever you want but, it must be in constant use -- 20 hours.

--> Waits 4 hours.

Oh wait, you failed after 4 hours on a brand new Iphone? Oh rly?

I've actually seen a Z10 last for 2+ days under near continuous use...In fact, a year went by and the battery was still @ 20+ hours of use between charges.

My partner now has the Z30 and I must say, if I hadn't spent so much money configuring my Iphone 5 to our servers, I'd switch in a heartbeat...

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post

lachen.gif

While I do very much agree that their current marketing strategies blow -- The Z10 is actually a very good product. The Z30 is awesome too.

Use your Iphone continuously for 20 hours without recharging...Play a game, do whatever you want but, it must be in constant use -- 20 hours.

--> Waits 4 hours.

I've actually seen a Z10 last for 2+ days under near continuous use...In fact, a year went by and the battery was still @ 20+ hours of use between charges.

My partner now has the Z30 and I must say, if I hadn't spent so much money configuring my Iphone 5 to our servers, I'd switch in a heartbeat...
Pfffffffff use my iPhone, that's a laugh!

Not denying it, yes, BB was quality back before the iPhone craze. Haven't seen the Z10 nor Z30 myself so I certainly can't comment on those!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

--> Waits 4 hours.

I call shenanigans on this!

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I think BB's demise is partly because carriers pushed the "free" bargain-bin blackberries out to people on 3 year contracts and their userbase got the opinion: "blackberries are garbage" or "i hate my blackberry"

what a breath of fresh air it must have been to go from a BBOS5/6 curve to an iPhone4. I don't blame those consumers for never looking at blackberries ever again.

Alternatively, I've had each Bold and now own a Q10. I'm completely satisfied with this phone especially on 10.2.X.

Edit: wrote this on my Q10

·
Registered
376 Posts
Well maybe in North America.

Surprisingly the market is still cornered by BB and even a decent chunk of Windows in Europe.

edit: The reason I say this, I work for a mobile company and we obviously take care of Android and IOS. But our euro customers always ask about BB and Windows support as those devices still have a good market share over there.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Blackberry was a cool device in the original iteration years ago, but they failed to adapt to the market and are now paying the price. It isn't surprising. Blackberry just doesn't fare well against Android or iOS in terms of application availability (iOS being the best, android being very good in terms of apps) and the hardware features on the iphone 5s and most premium android phones are just way better.

It's BB's own fault. They were not forward thinking - they thought that status quo would last forever. Clearly that was not the case, and by the time BB decided to make an actual real smartphone they had missed their window of opportunity. As a company, BB is just done. They should just really call it quits because I can't see anything other than bankruptcy being the outcome for them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Semi recent updates to blackberry's operating system basically enables all android apps to work natively...so I don't think that's going to be the knock going forward. Pretty big deal for them IMO

1 - 20 of 36 Posts