Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Low, low-rider Titan has just introduced the FENRIR, a CPU cooler that is compatible with Core i7 processors. Codenamed TTC-NK85TZ, the cooler measures 156 x 124 x 107 mm and has four 8mm copper heatpipes in a 'Heat Pipe Direct Touch' mix, an aluminum heatsink and a 120mm Z-axis bearing fan which works at speeds between 800 and 2200 RPM (rotations per minute).

Going from 17.2 to 39dBA in terms of sound output, the FENRIR has support for Intel LGA775, LGA1366 and AMD Socket AM2+, AM2, 940, 939, 754 CPUs. The cooler's pricing is yet unknown.

Source

·
Registered
707 Posts
idk about this.. looks kinda cheap and i dont know how well Heat Pipe Direct Touch works..

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

See OCZ Vendetta 2 and Xigmatek HDT-S1283

Don't forget the Core-Contact Freezer

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Interesting. Wonder how well it does compared to the Xig HDT-S1283 and TRUE... probably about the same as the 1283 methinks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
what i dont understand is why HDT bases have only shown up on budget coolers

they could probably shine when paired up with a tower with the fin density and surface area of the true/tuniq/ifx-14

im betting money this is another rebadged core contact freezer, the fan clips are the same and the heatpipe layout is also the same

·
Registered
954 Posts
t
Quote:

Originally Posted by daellum67
View Post

they could probably shine when paired up with a tower with the fin density and surface area of the true/tuniq/ifx-14

im betting money this is another rebadged core contact freezer, the fan clips are the same and the heatpipe layout is also the same

ehhh fins are different. but on a different note this should perform better on i7 since it is a large chips. all the previous 4 heatpipe coolers were beat by their 3 heatpipe counterparts beacause not all 4 pipes got good contact

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by daellum67
View Post

I think in the case of the TRUE, a solid base is actually beneficial
If it was direct heatpipe touch, not all heatpipes would make good contact

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thecheeseofmanynames
View Post

all the previous 4 heatpipe coolers were beat by their 3 heatpipe counterparts beacause not all 4 pipes got good contact

Which makes me wonder how well the Achilles HDT-S1284 would work on i7...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts