Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all.....GO!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
TDX is a great open flow design.

The RBX is a very different block. It uses what is called 'jet impingement' to force water to be turbulent over the copper surface. This gets rid of dead spots of hot water over the interior's surface. However, newer designs like the Storm do this better than the RBX. The only neat thing about the RBX (and tdx, too) is that you can actually use nozzles to get the specific performance you want. They go into your block and direct water a special way. But like I said, the RBX is pretty much old news when compared to the Storm.

However, the TDX makes up for any 'dead spots' my merely flowing an insanely high amount of water (comparatively to a jet-impingement block) through the block. This works REALLY well for 1/2" ID systems as jet impingement kinda dissolves any benefit of 1/2" design (which is the high flow possibility).

I hope this answered your question.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
The Swiftech Apogee and Storm beat both. Why spend more or the same amount on a block that gives less performance?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp

The Swiftech Apogee and Storm beat both. Why spend more or the same amount on a block that gives less performance?

No matter how many people go around saying this, I've never seen a G4 or apogee beat my TDX in any situation.

·
Registered
153 Posts
............................huh?
:***:

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
The temp difference between Danger Dens and Swiftechs top blocks is barely significant when averaging temps from a number of TDX/ RBX users against Apogee/ Storm users anyway

Considering you can get the Apogee for only $ 40, the Apogee is the obvious choice if you ask me

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
With a lower flow pump, the RBX would work better. With a high powered pump, the TDX would be better. The Apogee is not as good as the TDX, and the Storm performs better than any other block.

The cool thing about the TDX over the RBX is that it only has 2 barbs, one inlet and one outlet. So, you will have less tubing, and it's eaiser to route the tubing.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When purchasing from DD with the pulldown kit thingie is there any discount as opposed to adding the individual parts to your shopping cart? The reason I ask is I'm not opposed to saving a little money by buying an apogee, but You can't un-select teh water block in the pulldown kit thingie on DD site.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalman2785

TDX is the newer design and is supposidly better than RBX blocks.

The TDX is a higher flow block, that works best with pumps like the Hydor L40, but the RBX cools better, but requires a pump with a good flow-head rate, instead of a high GPH pump because it is somewhat more flow restricting. I would go for the RBX, cools better, runs cooler and just seems like it would be a much better block because of it's 3 barbs. It's kinda like storm VS Apogee, the TDX is like the Apogee, and the RBX is like the Storm, only the RBX costs the same as the TDX, and performs like 2 or 3 C cooler, where as the Apogee runs about 1 C hotter than the storm, but costs like $30 less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts