Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys...

My Tf2 has been corrupt and all sound is gone...was wondering if someone could upload the folder

im not 100% sure which it is, one of these two folders are empty and one has the sounds in it,

hl2\\sounds
tf\\Sound

please upload that for me
im willing to throw in a free mass effect 2 key! cuz i dont want to download anymore

so hurry!!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, but im on a tight cap here... and im desperate for someone to just rar it for me

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I will gladly help you, but you will have to be patient, because my upload speed is medicore...

I found the TF2/Sound folder, but not the HL2/sounds

In HL2 I only have media and resource

-edit-

When TF2/sound if rar'd with maximum compression it only saves 10mb, solid archive didn't make a difference either.

You may as well verify the files, it'll only make 10mb difference...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Come on dude, verifying the game files' integrity doesn't re-download the whole game. If anything it would be way faster and smaller a download than someone's whole folders.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Uploading the folder would be piracy, would it not?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCB
View Post

Uploading the folder would be piracy, would it not?

no, its just the sound files he wanted

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
It's quicker and easier to verify, and Steam will only redownload files it finds corrupted. So do it the right way. Tell Steam to verify the game cache.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so no one wants the Mass Effect 2 key?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [xPt]FLuX View Post
so no one wants the Mass Effect 2 key?
I'd be willing to take the Mass Effect 2 key

Keep in mind that the tf/Sound folder only contains the startup music. The game sounds are in the Team Fortress 2 Media GCF file, which is 1.6GB (about 500MB compressed).

I sent you an e-mail, but you must not have checked it

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nburnes View Post
That's still distributing copyrighted material.
I think it's in the same vein as me tranferring my TF2 files to my friends HDD. He owns the game, but has slow internet. I'm a staunch anti-pirate, but I just don't consider that piracy. It takes some of the load off of Steam's servers, and it allows him to get the game much quicker.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipwnnubletz View Post
He probably pirated the game and is playing it on unofficial servers.
I dont play the game online, because im in South Africa and the internet is really slow so i only play on LAN, i havent logged onto steam since i bought the game like a year ago, i have been using one of those Steam game offline launchers, but now you guys all say i must just verify...

but the fact is im gonna donwload massive updates, and steam client things etc....
so itll just be easier...
and no, the Mass effect 2 key is not gone yet

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump

1 - 20 of 26 Posts