Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Yesterday, we announced that Steam and all our Source engine games will be coming to the Mac. Sound too good to be true? Well, guess what: It is true! There are no catches! Sometimes life actually works like that. The bad news is that we've just truth bombed your hard-earned lie detector back to the stone age, and you'll probably lose all your money to the next international lottery scam that sneaks through your spam filter. Still, Steam on the Mac!

Since we're getting a lot of email asking the same basic questions, we figured we'd just answer them here:

Source

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Quote:

Q: Hmm, that all sounds pretty good. But I'll bet I can't play with my friends who own Macs if I'm on my PC.
A: Mac and PC users will all play together, on the same servers. We're not creating two separate universes. We're all going to be one big, happy family with guns locked in a bloody, never-ending struggle for cap points.

Now that is pretty damn cool

·
Banned
3,583 Posts
I love it. I no loner have to install Windows to play my source games. My little old GPU can't take much more. Only an 8600GT

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boydyboyd View Post
Well, this is awesome. Even though i don't own a mac, lol.
Me either, but there's just something about cross platform gaming that floats my boat

·
cd C:\TEMP\
2,309 Posts
:/ nothing about linux...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts