Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Teaser^3

DSC02686.JPG

DSC02687.JPG

DSC02689.JPG

DSC02688.JPG

I used some scrap to make washers (used as spacers since the back side of the card isnt flat at all, and to provide a bit of air flow) and 'nuts' to mount the plate instead of using metal hardware, came out nicer than i thought it would. Used some carbon fiber Di-Noc to cover up the 'nuts' since the threaded acrylic looked odd. Also in the earlier pics of the vid card, the CF was on the rim of the water block, and i moved it to the ram cooler, think it looks nicer, and replaced the socket head screws with low profile ones that match the rest of the hardware. If anyone cares, they have the same thread pitch as HDD screws (6-32).

DSC02690.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen;14894058
Teaser^3

DSC02686.JPG

DSC02687.JPG

DSC02689.JPG

DSC02688.JPG

I used some scrap to make washers (used s spacers since the back side of the card isnt flat at all, and to provide a bit of air flow) and 'nuts' to mount the plate instead of using metal hardware, came out nicer than i thought it would. Used some carbon fiber Di-Noc to cover up the 'nuts' since the threaded acrylic looked odd. Also in the earlier pics of the vid card, the CF was on the rim of the water block, and i moved it to the ram cooler, think it looks nicer, and replaced the socket head screws with low profile ones that match the rest of the hardware. If anyone cares, they have the same thread pitch as HDD screws (7/16").

DSC02690.JPG
Your killing me larry! Quit teasing us and show it off already! =)

Looks sweet, really looking forward to another update!
-George

·
Registered
866 Posts
That's cool dude

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it stays pretty cool in the drawer its in. This build is a LOOOOOONG process and now ive decided to change mobo/proc/mem to take me into the future better. Im hoping to score my new stuff this month on a sale an get the work log underway next month.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are the only one who got my point, yes its a taste of things to come...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztoj6J82sNU[/ame]

Actually, ill be doing two back to back mods. My wife will get my sig rig right after i upgrade mine, so she will be getting the royal laser treatment
smile.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts