Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people on this site have said you cant cool a TEC with air and get improved, or below ambiant temps. I thought this was true too, but look at this article. It shows test results with an air cooled TEC at 5C° below ambiant...I will try to find more info on the stuff they used in this article and post it here.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Thermal Guideline values for an 800MHz P3 listed on intel.com are about 20W. Which is nothing, and that's why they could cool it with air...

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
only way i woulddare to use a TEC with a heatsink is in regaurds to chilling water in a WC loops. In fact, it works... It's a good way to have a portable waterchiller that involves a closed system. But on a processor, the thermal load would definitely fry the peltier and then fry your proc.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r

only way i woulddare to use a TEC with a heatsink is in regaurds to chilling water in a WC loops. In fact, it works... It's a good way to have a portable waterchiller that involves a closed system. But on a processor, the thermal load would definitely fry the peltier and then fry your proc.

Wait, you want to chill water with a TEC? A TEC that can be air cooled would be low powered and would not work very well. That money spent setting up the pelt would be better spent on a better/larger radiator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts