Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
TechPowerUp today released the latest version of GPU-Z, our popular video subsystem information and diagnostic utility that provides you with accurate information about the graphics hardware installed, and lets you monitor their clock speeds, fan speeds, voltages, VRAM consumption, etc., in real-time. Version 0.5.8 introduces two new features. The first one is a render test that applies sufficient load (not stress) on the GPU to pull it out of PCI-Express link-state power-management, to ensure the Bus information is accurate. If you find the PCI-Express bus link speed or PCIe version displayed incorrectly, simply click on the "?" button next to the field to launch the load test.

The next new feature is ASIC quality, designed for NVIDIA Fermi (GF10x and GF11x GPUs) and AMD Southern Islands (HD 7800 series and above), aimed at advanced users, hardware manufacturers, and the likes. We've found the ways in which AMD and NVIDIA segregate their freshly-made GPU ASICs based on the electrical leakages the chips produce (to increase yield by allotting them in different SKUs and performance bins), and we've found ways in which ASIC quality can be quantified and displayed. Find this feature in the context menu of GPU-Z. We're working on implementing this feature on older AMD Radeon GPUs.
DOWNLOAD: TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.5.8, TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.5.8 ASUS ROG Themed

The full change-log follows. » Read full story

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There is a rog version

·
Still on Sandy Bridge
1,375 Posts
I don't know if this is a buggy version or if it's just me, but the ROP count is incorrect on my GT 440 (shows 4 instead of 16) and the pixel fillrate rating is incorrect on my GTX 460 (shows 10.1 GPixels at stock 720MHz instead of 23.0 GPixels).
Bug report submitted. Watch out for this guys.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
what's your ASIC quality guys?
is higher or lower better?
as the gpu "ages" will this score change?

·
Banned
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWaWa View Post

Higher is better, score won't ever change

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Thanks for the post, OP
thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_gunjee View Post

I don't know if this is a buggy version or if it's just me, but the ROP count is incorrect on my GT 440 (shows 4 instead of 16) and the pixel fillrate rating is incorrect on my GTX 460 (shows 10.1 GPixels at stock 720MHz instead of 23.0 GPixels).
Bug report submitted. Watch out for this guys.
It's probably a bug, it's happening in my case too. My GTX 480 supposedly has a Pixel Fillrate of 21.0 GPixel/s with this version, but 33.6 GPixels/s with GPU-Z 0.5.3, which is the version I was using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWaWa View Post

My ASIC score is 75.1%

I'll be running it in a while on my Media Center's GTX 460 1 GB to see what it reports.

Edit: Ok, just ran it on my Asus GTX 460 1GB DirectCU, it has an ASIC score of 58.6%.

What's the score of your cards guys ?

It would be interesting to finally see if graphics cards vendors actually bin their mild overclocked cards or not. For example, I remember people saying that Asus didn't bin their chips when making the regular DirectCU GTX 460 1GB and the overclocked 775 Mhz GTX 460 1 GB Top.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Finally an ROG version that works correctly for me...past versions had the left part of the dialog box cut off for me.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
ASIC on top 580 is 81% and the bottom one (which was bought through EVGA step-up) is a dog just as I suspected; 66.3%.
wth.gif

I always knew that bottom card was a piece. At least now I have some way to prove it.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Blah, ASIC quality reading not supported on my 4870x2.
Still, quite interesting to see handy new features being introduced
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

Thanks for the post, OP
thumb.gif
It's probably a bug, it's happening in my case too. My GTX 480 supposedly has a Pixel Fillrate of 21.0 GPixel/s with this version, but 33.6 GPixels/s with GPU-Z 0.5.3, which is the version I was using.
My ASIC score is 75.1%
I'll be running it in a while on my Media Center's GTX 460 1 GB to see what it reports.
Edit: Ok, just ran it on my Asus GTX 460 1GB DirectCU, it has an ASIC score of 58.6%.
What's the score of your cards guys ?
It would be interesting to finally see if graphics cards vendors actually bin their mild overclocked cards or not. For example, I remember people saying that Asus didn't bin their chips when making the regular DirectCU GTX 460 1GB and the overclocked 775 Mhz GTX 460 1 GB Top.
GPU 1: GTX580 SC EVGA 84.9%
GPU 2: GTX580 SC EVGA 77.7%

·
Still on Sandy Bridge
1,375 Posts
ASIC quality on my GTX 460 says 66%
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

74.9% on the GT 440

What effect does this have on the card exactly?

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_gunjee View Post

ASIC quality on my GTX 460 says 66%
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

74.9% on the GT 440
What effect does this have on the card exactly?
I'd like to know that too. My Asus GTX 460 1GB DirectCU, which has an ASIC score of 58.6%, can clock up to 775 Mhz Core, 4 Ghz VRAM, at stock voltage and the temperatures while gaming are practically or even the same from what I remember. I didn't do any gaming for long hours on those settings, but the card seemed fine.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts