Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
LG Electronics (LG) today announced plans to introduce the world's first 21:9 "UltraWide" gaming monitor compatible with AMD FreeSync technology for fluid motion during fast gameplay.

The new monitor headlines LG's expanded lineup being unveiled next week at the 2015 International CES and further solidifies the company's leadership in the growing 21:9 segment, which caters to the digital imaging, business professional and gaming markets. Based on IDC's Worldwide Quarterly PC Monitor Tracker, LG is the world sales leader in this monitor segment over the last seven fiscal quarters (as of the third quarter of 2014) with a market share of 77.3 percent of the world's 21:9 monitors
http://www.techpowerup.com/208453/lg-to-introduce-worlds-first-21-9-gaming-monitor-with-amd-freesync-at-ces-2015.html

I absolutely love what NVIDIA did with G-Sync, and there's no question AMD is playing the catch up game with them, but we actually need them to put some pressure on NVIDIA over this.

We need cheaper and better G-Sync panels and/or alternatives.

·
PC Evangelist
48,530 Posts
Good think my friend returned his 34 inch LG. Paying 1K and latter u hear this news.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Is this technology already supported by the 290 series cards?

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
PC Evangelist
48,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

The 34UM67 is probably a 34UM65 (2560x1080) with freesync and is not based on the 34UM95 (unlike the 34UC97 or the 34UC87M).
So I wouldn't rush to get it.
But it will be IPS most likely.
Probably because $1200 monitor with FreeSync is not going to sell FreeSync.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy5000x2 View Post

And I was gearing up to start seriously looking to purchase a 21:9 monitor in January, but this news is exactly what I want to hear!
Fingers crossed that it's still an IPS panel that has freesync in it
thumb.gif
If it's a TN it will confirm that we aren't seeing any IPS Gsync/FreeSync displays anytime soon. All 21:9 have been IPS/Va up to this point. Here's hoping it's an IPS.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I'm guessing it's TN. In their full statement they were advertising that other 21:9, non-adaptive-sync display as IPS. That was not the case with the A-sync 21:9 though.

Edit:
The IPS-display was a 3440x1440. Maybe that's why it was specificly advertised as IPS (how many 1440p 21:9 IPS displays are there out there?), and not the others.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattifnatten View Post

I'm guessing it's TN. In their full statement they were advertising that other 21:9, non-adaptive-sync display as IPS. That was not the case with the A-sync 21:9 though.

Edit:
The IPS-display was a 3440x1440. Maybe that's why it was specificly advertised as IPS (how many 1440p 21:9 IPS displays are there out there?), and not the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattifnatten View Post

Edit:
So far we have flat panels from LG and AOC. Curved panel as well from LG. Upcoming curved panels from Dell and Samsung coming in the next few weeks. All IPS except the Samsung is a VA.

·
PC Evangelist
48,530 Posts
It has to be IPS because IPS is LG technology.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.