Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Radar .com
Android accounted for more than 50 per cent of smartphone sales in Q1 2012, more than double its Apple-flavoured competitor, iOS.

The figures come from Gartner's quarterly look at the mobile market, and show that sales of mobile phones actually went down in the first quarter of the year for the first time since mid-2009.
In the smartphone arena, Android has taken a 56.1 per cent share of the market, blowing Apple's 22.9 per cent share out of the water.
To read the full article, click here.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Now Google just needs to make Androids not fugly, smoother, and better quality apps and more apps that are still only on iOS

I love my Galaxy Nexus but Android has no quality control

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I'm glad their doing so well, google is finally stepping up with the next nexus' devices. More than one manufacture making stock plain old android UI, we would actually get to choose!

Hopefully at least one manufacture makes something that was as amazing as the Nexus one was back in the day. I still remember the day I played around with it, I had a samsung innov8 at the time and the nexus just made me poop bricks.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post

Now Google just needs to make Androids not fugly, smoother, and better quality apps and more apps that are still only on iOS
Apps have nothing to do with google. It comes down to the app developers. And there are plenty of quality apps out there.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I certainly hope they have at least 1/2 the market, or they are doing something very very wrong.

Smartphones are the future, Noone knows about WP7/ hardly any apps for it, Iphones are marketed for certain people/markets, and apple only has one phone. There are 100's of android phones.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post

What are you talking about?
rolleyes.gif

Go say that at XDA and see what happens
thumb.gif

If anything they should ban bloatware.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Next thing you know, They will Rule the World! EVERYONE SHALL BOW DOWN BEFORE GOOGLE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts