Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source

Quote:
In short, this isn't a perfect Windows tablet, and it's not a perfect ultrabook, either. But if you want both in a single package, compromise is called for-and the ATIV is a pretty darn good compromise, all things considered.
Main specs: i5-3317U, 4GB Ram, 11.6" 1080p IPS, 49Wh Battery, $1189(Surface Pro with Type cover = $1129).

Anandtech's review of its compeititor, the Surface Pro.

·
Null
6,330 Posts
Most of the extensive user reviews I've seen criticized the keyboard dock for lacking any useful features like battery or storage and being unable to counterweight the tablet. If the keyboard dock were better it'd probably be an excellent hybrid

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post

This one's screen is bigger than Surface Pro by 1" and have a 7Wh larger battery, a laptop keyboard. Decision provably comes down to a matter of preference.
Comes down to function. Gabe over at Penny Arcade gave a good explanation and it's exactly what I've been saying the whole time.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/02/22/the-ms-surface-pro

If you need usage of the stylus the Surface Pro is the logical choice.

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post

Comes down to function. Gabe over at Penny Arcade gave a good explanation and it's exactly what I've been saying the whole time.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/02/22/the-ms-surface-pro

If you need usage of the stylus the Surface Pro is the logical choice.
If I were to use one I'll use it in Laptop mode for productivity(with mouse) and tablet mode for video consumption, neither case needing the stylus So I'd prefer this over SPro for the larger battery.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
And I'd use it for Photoshop since I'm constantly using it thus the reason way I'd prefer the Surface Pro over the ATIV.

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

And I'd use it for Photoshop since I'm constantly using it thus the reason way I'd prefer the Surface Pro over the ATIV.
Matter of Preference based on what functionality the user needs. Howver you can buy a Stylus to augment the ATIV, you can't easily add extra battery to the SPro.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post

Matter of Preference based on what functionality the user needs. Howver you can buy a Stylus to augment the ATIV, you can't easily add extra battery to the SPro.
Quote:

Looks cool but I'd still rather have a Surface.
And the ATIV's stylus isn't in the same league as the Surface Pro's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts