Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
sudo apt install sl
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: AMD acknowledges USB connectivity issues on X570 and B550 motherboards

In brief: Reports of USB connectivity issues on AMD X570 and B550 motherboards have circled the forums since the boards’ release, but the issue has recently come to a head on Reddit. AMD has responded with a simple statement: they’re not sure what the issue is, and they’d like to collect more data.
For the past few months, reports of sporadic USB disconnections on 500-series motherboards have been stacking up on the desk of AMD’s subreddit. Some users have reported that their keyboard will suddenly become unresponsive for 5 to 10 seconds, every few minutes. Other users complain that their mouse will slow down. Owners of sound cards are talking about crackling and distortion.

The strangest thing about the issue is that it seems to be new -- because X570 and B550 boards aren’t. While the first complaints were posted over a year ago, their frequency seems to have increased exponentially in the past month. Some Redditors recently compiled a statistics table for users to share their issues and system specifications, and it looks like the issue is mostly occurring in systems with new RTX GPUs.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,611 Posts
Thought about sidegrading from b450m mortar max to b550m mortar, but can't decide what's worse: cold boot issues on b450 or usb issues on b550.

·
sudo apt install sl
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this related to the HP Reverb G2 not working on motherboard USB ports? A lot of people have the issue including myself on B550 and X570. It only works on case front panel USB.
This issue is also related to the HP Reverb G2 not working when PCIe Gen 4 is selected.

·
Robotic Chemist
3,317 Posts
Is it only USB 2 ports? Or only Ryzen 5000?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Is it only USB 2 ports? Or only Ryzen 5000?
I dont know all i know is i assumed it was my motherboard for me personally. If i turn off my power supply my m.2ssd/ usb ports wont function on first boot i have to reboot once for the usb ports and the m.2 drive is hit and miss. If i leave my power supply running for 5mins before rebooting no issues.

·
Politically incorrect
9,404 Posts
I don't have a problem with my B550 Mortar, but then I'm running a 3100 and not a 5xxx CPU.

·
Premium Member
6,737 Posts
I thought all the people complaining were also overclocking manually and most were able to fix the issue by raising voltage?

·
Cheesebumps!!
2,090 Posts
I don't have a problem with my B550 Mortar, but then I'm running a 3100 and not a 5xxx CPU.
I don't as well..B550 Strix..Keyboard and Gaming mouse on USB port, playing for 3-4hrs of HZD and no hiccups..never had 1, and my IF Clock is 1933/3866mhz on mems..0 WHEA issues as well..

·
I <3 narcissists
6,794 Posts
I haven't had any issues with either of the x570 boards I have, no 5000 series proc though. I did fresh installs with new bios and drivers last month on both of them so I probably would have noticed something by now if it's from new drivers etc.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I (and many others) had USB 2.0 disconnect issues on B550-E. No overclocks, running everything stock. Problem existed from the moment I first booted the system. Tips such as disabling global c-state, or disabling pci 4.0, seemed to help (greatly lowering the frequency of disconnects) but did not completely eliminate the problem.

For me, this was finally resolved with the latest stable BIOS 1804 (using AGESA 1.2.0.0). (I did move from 5600X > 5950X while doing the BIOS flash, but doubt that was the issue.) ASUS tech support was useless, as to be expected.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,794 Posts
You did have a 5000 series when you were having the trouble though?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts