Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Graphics Junkie
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Halo Infinite demo certainly stirred feelings of nostalgia for those who remember the first game on the original Xbox. But rose-tinted glasses can't hide the fact that compared to some of the other next-gen titles we've seen, it didn't look that visually impressive.
According to Xbox Marketing Manager Aaron Greenberg, however, the demo is an early build, and those who watched the stream in 1080p should watch the 4K/60fps version (below) to get a better idea of what to expect.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=F7nkg_5ZfrM

Could it be that in Microsoft's quest to make a Halo game that scales across everything from the Xbox One to PCs of all specs, Halo Infinite on the Xbox Series X will look like something from a couple of years ago? Hopefully, things will have improved by the time it launches.
Source: https://www.techspot.com/news/86121-microsoft-blames-poor-stream-early-build-halo-infinite.html

Gee... What a surprise.

·
sudo apt install sl
7,319 Posts
Microsoft needs to bury Halo, it died when Bungie stopping making "Halo" games.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well disappointing graphics aside, at least they made the grunts cute and goofy like the Bungie originals. I think the gameplay looks alright, but just alright. Definitely nothing to make it feel fresh.

·
4k Enthusiast
3,875 Posts
It looks like another mediocre/bad game from 343. After 8 years, I don't know why anyone expected anything different. This studio is among the most incompetent AAA studios in existence.

·
PC Evangelist
46,718 Posts
fps vs graphics.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Especially once they started making it some endless cycle of ancient humans moving slightly farther across the galaxy away from the flood, appointing celestial guardians and rebooting civilizations at will, and all the other weird crap from the Halo EU.

·
waifu for lifu
11,110 Posts
Digital Foundry is saying its a cross-gen game. As BigMack also alludes to, the game was meant for xboxone.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
It looks like another mediocre/bad game from 343. After 8 years, I don't know why anyone expected anything different. This studio is among the most incompetent AAA studios in existence.
One must wonder what has been going on behind the curtains at 343.
I expect there would have been a fairly steady flow of creative leads coming and going. First hiring people who thought Halo 5 was a good idea, and then probably firing most of them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Except Bungie's last Halo game was dog ****. Halo Reach is literally the worst Halo game by a significant margin. Halo Reach in many ways killed Halo, it was so bad that everyone switched to Call of Duty and Halo's player numbers never really recovered. Microsoft and 343 just continued on with what Bungie started in their last installment, a ****ty attempt at infusing CoD style mechanics into Halo. Halo 5 was actually pretty decent because they realized people didnt want Halo of Duty and removed a lot of the trash. The biggest problem since Halo 3 has been their atrocious map design, they need to rehire whoever worked on Halo 1-3.

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
Except Bungie's last Halo game was dog ****. Halo Reach is literally the worst Halo game by a significant margin. Halo Reach in many ways killed Halo, it was so bad that everyone switched to Call of Duty and Halo's player numbers never really recovered. Microsoft and 343 just continued on with what Bungie started in their last installment, a ****ty attempt at infusing CoD style mechanics into Halo. Halo 5 was actually pretty decent because they realized people didnt want Halo of Duty and removed a lot of the trash. The biggest problem since Halo 3 has been their atrocious map design, they need to rehire whoever worked on Halo 1-3.
please don't be mean to halo reach :sad-smile

·
User of the PC
2,027 Posts
I don't believe you played halo 4 or 5 if you think this. In no world is Reach multiplayer worse than Halo 4. Same for Reach campaign vs Halo 5.
I agree, Reach is still very much praised for. It still had a large online community playing on the Xbox 360 up until recently being released in the MCC. Halo 4 and 5 are awful, 4 being the worst clearly shown by its massive player base decline very early in its life. I honestly have nearly zero hope for this next Halo with 343's track record.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Halos problem are the fanboys. They don't want it to change so they had to scrap everything and do a spiritual reboot

I am a lore person. I like when universes tell interesting different stories from the dude-bro stuff. Thats what 343 tried to do with Halo 4. But people whined and *****ed it was too emotional so they cut back and made that crap story in Halo 5. Then people *****ed and moaned that it was too much not like halo so now we get a spirtual reboot.

You guys will never be satisfied and I actually feel sorry for 343.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Halos problem are the fanboys. They don't want it to change so they had to scrap everything and do a spiritual reboot

I am a lore person. I like when universes tell interesting different stories from the dude-bro stuff. Thats what 343 tried to do with Halo 4. But people whined and *****ed it was too emotional so they cut back and made that crap story in Halo 5. Then people *****ed and moaned that it was too much not like halo so now we get a spirtual reboot.

You guys will never be satisfied and I actually feel sorry for 343.
This is the second time I've seen you blame fans for being disappointed with the Halo reveal, and again I will say that it's stupid to blame fans for being disappointed that the "new" Halo is a last gen Xbox one game. Stop blaming people for having critisism. Microsoft messed up on this by failing to decided which gen they wanted this game to be for sooner in its development cycle.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I never got into Halo because I didn't have a PC in its prime time, but when I see it now, the enemy noises make me question why the devs think I'm 12? And why do grown men like this franchise so much? Nostalgia can only carry a game franchise so far.
Several generations of gamers have been formed, the games should evolve. The premise is quite nice...I think nbut it doesn't feel like it has much substance.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,774 Posts
Nostalgia factor mostly. I play with some late 20 somethings, n it’s what they grew up playing on consoles.

The problem y’all fail to realize is listening to “the community” is hard to do as only the unhappy people are ever really out saying anything.

·
Original 16-bit Genesis®
1,746 Posts
I agree with the fans. It looked like a remastered old game instead of a new game.

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,952 Posts
Honestly it feels like 343 has no talent or creativity, take a look at 5 and now this, its a mashup of what other games did with a watered down halo theme thrown on top of it. Halo 5 was basically gears mixed with call of duty, and now this is basically from what i seen so far a mix of destiny and doom again with a watered down halo theme. Im not the least bit interested frankly. If microsoft wants halo to be successful they need to can the entire dev team and replace them with people who actually liked the old halo games because ts obvious 343 either doesnt like halo or has no creativity.

·
Registered
514 Posts
This is the second time I've seen you blame fans for being disappointed with the Halo reveal, and again I will say that it's stupid to blame fans for being disappointed that the "new" Halo is a last gen Xbox one game. Stop blaming people for having critisism. Microsoft messed up on this by failing to decided which gen they wanted this game to be for sooner in its development cycle.
I'm not talking about graphics. I am talking about the state of Halo in general. I did not mention graphics here. It was in response to people saying the capaign is boring/not like Halo. Its always something.

ANd people have nostalgia tinted glasses on about Bungie's Halo. It had its flaws @UltraMega

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,952 Posts
I'm not talking about graphics. I am talking about the state of Halo in general. I did not mention graphics here. It was in response to people saying the capaign is boring/not like Halo. Its always something.

ANd people have nostalgia tinted glasses on about Bungie's Halo. It had its flaws @UltraMega
rose tinted glasses doesnt explain why halo 3 has more players currently than halo 5 does

1 - 20 of 96 Posts