Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...tendo-Wii.html

Quote:

Players in MadWorld use chainsaws, spiked clubs, daggers and spears to execute victims.

They can impale their enemies on road signs, fry them on electrical sockets and rip out their hearts.

The game's 'bloodbath challenges' see characters mown down by trains, crushed in the back of refuse collection vehicles and blown up as 'human fireworks'.

A challenge called 'human darts' sees players pick up Madworld citizens and hurl them onto giant spiked dartboard.

Sega, publishers of the game, said it is "tipped to be the most violent video game in history".

Its launch saw hundreds of artificial severed arms placed around the country clutching a copy of the game.

The game has already caused controversy abroad, being banned in Germany, while parent groups in the US have also called for a ban.

John Beyer, director of Mediawatch-UK, a pressure group campaigning for decency in TV, films and games, said the British Board of Film Classification, which granted the game an 18 rating, should instead have banned it.

He said: "I deeply regret the Board's decision. It is very well known that children and young people get access to 18-rated games.

·
O.C.N'ng since '08
1,634 Posts
It's about time the Wii grew some M rated balls.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Gimme more blood!

If only it was for PC.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
you still cant urinate one people. and set them on fire. ill stick with postal 2.

although it does look fun, and i gotta say, sega needs to go back to making just obscure titles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This sounds absolutely pointless and made just for the sole purpose of putting blood and guts (and the Mature title that comes with it) on the Wii.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadringerr
View Post

This sounds absolutely pointless and made just for the sole purpose of putting blood and guts (and the Mature title that comes with it) on the Wii.

And that's why I'm getting it.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Quote:
The game has already caused controversy abroad, being banned in Germany, while parent groups in the US have also called for a ban.
Can they even do that in the US?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
This is exactly why I'm selling my Wii...bloody games oh no...the terror... can't have nice games like the ps3 or xbox360, stuck forever with games like spongebobs happy god damn rainbow adventure because of things like this

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Sets to find job for Wii and said game!

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Critics said it was horrible in the long run though.

Funny how the Wii is turning out to be attractive for games like this. The devs for Dead Space Extraction say they want to push the boundaries for violence on the Wii.

Guiness World Book of Records recently gave an award to House of the Dead Overkill for the most use of profanity in a game ever.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious_fishes
View Post

rofl @ "oh no, you can't set them on fire & piss on them, i don't want it"

XD, psychopath much ?

maybe.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious_fishes
View Post

rofl @ "oh no, you can't set them on fire & piss on them, i don't want it"

XD, psychopath much ?

ever played the original postal?

its like, banned in almost every country around the world

so gory and so much fun

i played it awhile ago on an old pc

·
15,777 Posts

Keep it down up there I can't concentrate on my beautiful claginess...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts