Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting some sort of lcd device that shows the core temps from the onboard sensor?
I know you can get devices that come with a sensor to externaly put near the pcu but they dont seem to be acurate.
Is there such thing out there or im just being clueless? couldnt google anything like that.

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
I don't know of any motherboards that have headers that send out temperature information. So, I would imagine a device like this would have to connect to a USB port and have some sort of software that relays the information to the device. One device that comes to mind is the Logitech keyboard display.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastical View Post
G15/19 is the first thing that comes to mind.
I completely missed that, im actually using a g19 at the moment for im gona see if i can find any apps show that kind of info, if anyone can knows of any apps for the g19 that show that info and post here would be much apreciated

Thanks for the remimder

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by trampton View Post
I don't know of any motherboards that have headers that send out temperature information. So, I would imagine a device like this would have to connect to a USB port and have some sort of software that relays the information to the device. One device that comes to mind is the Logitech keyboard display.
Humm but let me get this right, most motherboards have means to read the temps on the cpu and this is the most acurate then external sensors or devices, im i right? Otherwise how does programs like core temp and stuff like that can show the temps?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts