Overclock.net banner

Temp Problem.

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Weasel70 
#1 ·
I am having afew cooling problems with my system at the moment but not sure what to do, please can anyone help.?

Current system

AMD 2500 -M- o/c too 2.5GHz
Coolermaster HSF with rpm controller.
Artic silver 5 thermal paste

Idle temps 42c with the room cold, 45c with the room hot,
Load temps 50c room cold, 55-57c room hot,
Case temps pretty much the same all the time, 32c-35c
voltages 1.7v
any suggestions.?

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Aluminum heatsinks generally don't work real well (with the exception of the new Thermalright ones) so I think it is your heatsink
I'd suggest the new Thermalright SI-97

I cant take this heatsink off this fan so i would have to buy a whole new hsf, got any suggestions.?

#10 ·
There is always the economical Thermaltake Volcano 12. I'v never run out of the 40c and the RPMs have always been below 5000 so it's not that loud.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

There is always the economical Thermaltake Volcano 12. I'v never run out of the 40c and the RPMs have always been below 5000 so it's not that loud.

Mine now @ like 4000rpm is loud, just done a prime95 stress test and load temp went upto 49c idle 38c, that was on 1.6v, but the stress test failed, trying it now on 1.65v and already idle temps are on 43c.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

^^i kinda agree with him...my volcano 12 is pretty reliable and definatly strong enough for my xp 3000+ with loads about ~42 at medium fan setting

But are you guys who are replying o/c,? if i leave my 2500 -M- on 2.2GHz with just 1.575 volts it idles at about 36c and full load on prime95 it hits about 45c max, its when i start o/c too 2.4+GHz and putting more volts through it i see the sky high temps.

P.s also what rpm is your hsf running @.?

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budweiser

But are you guys who are replying o/c,? if i leave my 2500 -M- on 2.2GHz with just 1.575 volts it idles at about 36c and full load on prime95 it hits about 45c max, its when i start o/c too 2.4+GHz and putting more volts through it i see the sky high temps.

P.s also what rpm is your hsf running @.?

Answer my last post when you can, and also are you all saying i should change my current hsf too this one.? http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/volcano/rs/a1745.htm

#15 ·
depends on what you want to spend on a heatsink. I prefer the thermalright line. I have a 2500 xp-m and at 2.4 with 1.725 volts my max never exceeds 50C. I use an slk-900a from thermalright and a thermaltake led smart fan in 90mm. It is loud but when gaming who cares. I would look in to the new si-97. It is cheap, light and capable of fitting a 90-92mm fan. The heatpipes are amazing. I have an xp-90 on my p4 and it dropped my load temps 8C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.