Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 2500+ oc'd to 2.235mhz but damn thing takes 1.825 volts to her there on my 7NNXP and my Volcano 12 i get idles of 48-49c and loads of 54 from speedfan,mbm5 and couple others including giga utilities at 3800-4000 rpm those high don't they.

But on my Thermaltake Skull Case with LCD temp display i have temp sensor on bottom of my cpu it gives me a reading of only 38c when windows stuff like speedfan etc say 48-49c which should i believe. I'm thinking my LCD display. Oh ya loads of LCD display are 44. :shades2:. I thought i read giga's read temps 10c higher then other mobo's is this true.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Name Change

I'm running a 2500+ oc'd to 2.235mhz but damn thing takes 1.825 volts to her there on my 7NNXP and my Volcano 12 i get idles of 48-49c and loads of 54 from speedfan,mbm5 and couple others including giga utilities at 3800-4000 rpm those high don't they.

But on my Thermaltake Skull Case with LCD temp display i have temp sensor on bottom of my cpu it gives me a reading of only 38c when windows stuff like speedfan etc say 48-49c which should i believe. I'm thinking my LCD display. Oh ya loads of LCD display are 44. :shades2:. I thought i read giga's read temps 10c higher then other mobo's is this true.

The probe should be more accurate, but for the voltage your pushing and the cooling your running the mbm5 reading seems more realistic.

What are your case temps???

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My case temps are 27c idle and 30c loads and my 7NNXP temps are 20c to 24c load.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
1.825 is a bit much for only 2.2+ I run 1.825 on my mobile 2500 (and I run 250x10, or 216x12 weather pending)...wait, your's isnt a mobile is it?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate my 2500+ LOL damn thing well go to 190fsb stock voltage then i have to crank it up so damn much just for 204 or just even 200fsb for it to be stable. Mines a locked desktop.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

I hate my 2500+ LOL damn thing well go to 190fsb stock voltage then i have to crank it up so damn much just for 204 or just even 200fsb for it to be stable. Mines a locked desktop.

A not so good power supply will sometimes do that to you because it cant supply the higher voltage efficiently so you have to crank it up an extra notch.

Have you monitored your voltage with mbm5? CPUZ????? What are they actually reading????

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Agreed, have you jumped up the ram and motherboard (chipset) voltages at all?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They give i know cpu-z would give me little reading like i would have it at 1.825 but with cpu-z it would say 1.805 or 1.810. I would touch bottom of my hsf at 54c speedfan would say but it would not be hot at all.

I haven't touched ram voltage and mobo doesn't have chipset voltage i can change as far as i know.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

They give i know cpu-z would give me little reading like i would have it at 1.825 but with cpu-z it would say 1.805 or 1.810. I would touch bottom of my hsf at 54c speedfan would say but it would not be hot at all.

I haven't touched ram voltage and mobo doesn't have chipset voltage i can change as far as i know.

Chipset voltage is also shown as VDD in the bios, if you see that in there bump it up .1 or .2 if your chipset heatsink has a little fan on it.

Your northbridge handles your FSB, so when you raise it, it benefits from a little extra voltage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts