Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I am running at 230x11 on my Athlon64 3200+ and its Super Pi Stable and Prime95 isnt killing it. Here is my problem I am currently at 62c and I dont idle lower than 40c. The case temp is always in the 20s. My temps should really be lower with an xp120 right? The thermal past is artic alumina since I had it around and I am poor.

Is it safe to run at 62c for an extended period or do I need to calm it down a bit?

btw max OC so far 2530mhz

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dropped the Vcore from 8.3% increase to 5.0% and now it fluctuates from 57celc to 61celc. I still think its a little high any more suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Where are you getting the temp from? If its the BIOS , then it could be miss-reporting. Mine was reporting a temp of 69c, but when I updated the BIOS to v1.3, it reported the temp as 57c.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my problem was too much thermal paste. So I reseated and changed the thermal paste to AS5 instead of Alumina and it works like a charm, 35-37 Idle and 45-47 load.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

Well my problem was too much thermal paste. So I reseated and changed the thermal paste to AS5 instead of Alumina and it works like a charm, 35-37 Idle and 45-47 load.

Did you put any thermal on the heatsink or just the core?, im having similar problem where my temps on my o/c 2500 -M- gets way too hot, around 57c when running prime95.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put about a BBs worth on the core and a BBs worth on the HSF as Yffy told me to and it works like a charm its a little hard to spread though, but just keep working at it and you'll eventually get it there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts