Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a 3510mhz Athlon II x4 ( 35% OC ) Core temp is reporting 35-38idle , and 47-50 load ( prime95 ) after 1 hour .

I did find some other temps TMPIN1 and its reporting temps of 41-45 when PC idle , and 55-60 load . What is tmpin1 ? Is Tmpin 1 the Internal CPU heat sensor , and Coretemp is only showing the socket temp ?
Either way , i think 73c is the max for my cpu . are these temps stable/okay ?
 

·
Old dog, old tricks
Joined
·
9,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkslayer7;14156765
I did find some other temps TMPIN1 and its reporting temps of 41-45 when PC idle , and 55-60 load . What is tmpin1 ? Is Tmpin 1 the Internal CPU heat sensor , and Coretemp is only showing the socket temp ?
The other way around. Core temp is the.. well.. Core temperature
smile.gif
TMPIN1 is the socket.
On my rig I also see the socket temp being 10C higher than core temp, other ppl report the opposite. It's wierd
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i can OC further with this cooler/chip? I am only reaching 55c while Prime 95 . So i have like 10 more C room . "goona crank up HT, and Voltage
biggrin.gif
"
 

·
Old dog, old tricks
Joined
·
9,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer7;14156796
so i can oc further with this cooler/chip? I am only reaching 55c while prime 95 . So i have like 10 more c room . "goona crank up ht, and voltage :d"
HT?? HT operates best @stock 2000Mhz, don't raise it above that. Also, although you do have some room for OC, don't take it unless you need it
smile.gif
Operating the CPU @its max temp is far from recommended
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850;14156842
HT?? HT operates best @stock 2000Mhz, don't raise it above that. Also, although you do have some room for OC, don't take it unless you need it
smile.gif
Operating the CPU @its max temp is far from recommended
smile.gif
He means HT ref clock, FSB in other words.
 

·
Old dog, old tricks
Joined
·
9,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmaypoop;14156861
He mean HT ref clock, FSB in other words.
Oh, that's serious messing up with the terminology
smile.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkslayer7;14156796
So i can OC further with this cooler/chip? I am only reaching 55c while Prime 95 . So i have like 10 more C room . "goona crank up HT, and Voltage
biggrin.gif
"
yeah, you can push it a little more.(may not worth it --> too high Vcore for a few MHz)
max. core temp for your chip is 71'C
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top