Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are my temperatures good enough to start overclocking just a little bit? And if I do begin to overclock my processor, I've heard it shortens its lifetime, is there an estimation of how long a single good/bad overclock can shorten the lifetime of a CPU? My temperatures are 27-30c idle for both cores.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I let it go for 4 minutes and 4 seconds since I haven't overclocked yet, Core 0 loaded at 46-47c and Core 1 loaded at 50-51c. Would it be okay to start overclocking or should I try to get some better cooling.

EDIT: By the way its now 25-27 idle, I added a small case fan on the side to cool up my graphics card a bit. It was much colder in my BTX case.

·
Registered
98 Posts
^^ i agreed my CPU was quite toasty to start with, OC'ed it a bit and my system slowed down massively from the heat.
keeping things cool defiantly increases life span to, so id recommend a better cooler before you start to over clock.
(SpeedFan put my CPU 10oC higher then the Coretemp program so i don't no which one to go off yet)
see Here for monitoring programs not sure which 1 is the most accurate yet

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm using CoreTemp 0.94, been working out great, but it randomly goes from 36c to 206c back to 36c in a millisecond. And it only does it once, which is quite random and I'm hoping its a glitch, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts