Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i set up my Watercooling System yesterday and im very disappointed about the temps, still 38°C in IDLE and 50°C @Prime 95(maxheatmode) my old aircooler was 38/49 (Zalaman 9700LED).

System Circle: Res->Pump->Rad->CPU->Res

Stuff:

Quote:

Originally Posted by totalschaden View Post
1 x XSPC 5,25" Bay Reservoir Black
4 x Schlauch PVC 15,9/11,1mm glasklar (7/16"ID)
3 x Yate Loon D12SL-12+4LED transparent mit roten LEDs & Stecker
1 x Laing DDC-Pumpe 12V Pro
1 x Entkopplungsset Eheim/Hydor/Laing Aufsatz 4 Puffer
2 x AT-Protect-UV-red 1000ml
1 x Black ICE Radiator GT Xtreme 360 - black
1x Watercool HEATKILLER CPU Rev3.0 754/939/AM2
any suggestions ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The biggest problem I can see is that you're using low speed, low static pressure fans on a radiator with 20 fins per inch. You pretty much need 80+ CFM on a 120mmx38mm fan to get the best out of that radiator.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wo'ah
Yeah, I'd really be bummed out getting a 38c idle and 50c load using a HEATKILLER CPU Rev3.0 water block and as far as I can tell, quality loop componets (I'm not completely sure I know what all of them are) Of course I don't know what OC' your using or what exactly a x2 5600 chip is either

If you're not OC'ing the hell out of that chip you might not get that much better with air, but IMO you should get at least 2c or 3c better at load (IMHO idle temps ain't worth "jack" on most CPU's)

The old "grandpa" adice would be to just reseat your block, carefull of TIM application, make sure everything is copacetic (no kinks, no restrictions, good flow, cool air at the rad, etc)

Good luck and please post some results (and yeah
, you could use bigger more powerful fans, like the post above suggested get fans optimum to your rad)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foooman
View Post

The biggest problem I can see is that you're using low speed, low static pressure fans on a radiator with 20 fins per inch. You pretty much need 80+ CFM on a 120mmx38mm fan to get the best out of that radiator.

Agreed. Those Yate loons, while great fans are not moving enough air threw a 20fpi radiator. You need something stronger. depending on the amount of sound your willing to deal with will dictate what ype of fan to use. But I also second the 120x38mm fan suggestion.

Also, are you using shrouds? or are the fans directly on the radiator?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by squark
View Post

isn't is better to go

Res->Pump->CPU->RAD->Res

No Best is pump -> radiator -> cpu -> res -> pump this way you are removing as much heat as possible prior to the water hitting the cpu. All pumps dump some heat into the water (30w or less) so might as well remove that prior to hitting the cpu block.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
1) Your block is probably not seated correctly, or not bolted down tight enough.

2) You need to thermal cycle your processor for a few weeks to let that TIM set in and spread out evenly:

July 12th idle temps (day after TIM mount): 39-36-38-33 (36.5)
July 17th idle temps: 36-33-36-31 (34)

July 12th load temps (day after..): 49-46-47-43 (46.25)
July 17th load temps: 47-44-45-40 (44)

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by totalschaden View Post
ok i tryed to mount 3 more fans on it , no changes... then i tryed to underclock the chip to 2000mhz and the temps was almost similar i think angrysasquatch is right and the sensors are bad

Hey, that's a good thing, your loop was justified and you're getting close to ambients. I've got the same thing with my chip, it reads 85c at settings and load conditions where most people get ~65c, with a lesser cooler than mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.