Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am really new to this and plan to try to overclock my new p4 3.4 ghz. I have not yet picked out a mobo but I am leaning tward the Asus from what I have been reading. I want to know how you all can tell what temp your cpu is running. Is there a built in sensor or do you have to buy a temp monitor to tell. If a temp monitor is nessesay can you please point me in the direction of a good one.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Most come with sensors, tho you usually can only reliably check your temps from bios, and that's a pain in the ass. If ur really worried about it 'cause ur gonna be heavily OCing then get a temp monitor.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbosco002

Ok I am really new to this and plan to try to overclock my new p4 3.4 ghz. I have not yet picked out a mobo but I am leaning tward the Asus from what I have been reading. I want to know how you all can tell what temp your cpu is running. Is there a built in sensor or do you have to buy a temp monitor to tell. If a temp monitor is nessesay can you please point me in the direction of a good one.

yea there is temp monitors that u can buy but also certain mobos come w/ them biult-in. a friend of mine has a soyo(p.o.s dont get them) and it oc's ok also it comes with the temp monitor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts