Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reset my heatsink because I wasn't satisfied with my temps. Before I reset it in my bios my temp was around 41 and speedfan was reading about 39 idle. After resetting My bios is reading 44 and speedfan is now reading around 36 idle. Why is the bios reading hotter and speedfan reading cooler???

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
What bios version are you running ??? Anything before 9/14 has temp reading problems... And if you have a DTR/MObile it would be wise to use some oskar wu bios since they take care of alot of little bugs that the DTR/DFI combo has.

You can find both, the stock and modded bios here.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

What bios version are you running ??? Anything before 9/14 has temp reading problems... And if you have a DTR/MObile it would be wise to use some oskar wu bios since they take care of alot of little bugs that the DTR/DFI combo has.

You can find both, the stock and modded bios here.

Is the 9/14 bios a beta? My processor isn't a DTR, I thouhgt that it was when I bought it but after checking the serial number it isn't.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just flashed my bios with the 9/14 and now my bios temps are around 30 degrees and speedfan is reading lower also around 28 now. Is this normal for your temp readings to change that much. My bios temps dropped almost 15 degrees.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts