Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal i got a hair up my @ss to buy a 800xt agp card. now who makes the best one? and also for what i pay for the card i could get a raptor and a gig of kick @ss ram. so what to buy? or i could get a 9800 pro and a raptor or a gig of ram so which way to go ? my specs are below .facts and opions all welcome . and No ditching my p4 for an amd is not an option! lol

·
Registered
817 Posts
The gig of ram and raptor would improve overall proformance but wont do much at all for you frame rates. If you want better gaming go with the X800XT
. Dont know which version is best though.

159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess i could all ways 'try' a card from comp usa and see if i like it. though i think this time i will stear away from oem and go with either a asus or gigabite card. i was going to get a raptor then my power supply died and had to replace it . i will never agian trust a psu that comes with a case.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I believe Compusa or whomever tends to sell ATI cards, and there is nothing wrong with ATI cards.

I still have not yet been able to discern which distributor is better, ex. XFX, Sapphire, Power Color...etc.

If you get any solid evidence to which is better, I'd LOVE to know!

·
Banned
101 Posts
DONT GO TO COMPUSA.com tHEY SUCKS
TRY newegg.com its fast,CHEAP, reliable.
Get a 6600GT AGP ( Wait for it to come out on AGP later this month) or get a 5900XT

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
a 6600 over an X800XT? HA! I would say go for an ATI X800XT or powercolor. The powercolor ones seem to work just as good as any.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] / llcopk

well ive decided im gonna buy a gigabyte 6800 gt for 400 http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail...temno=A9630826 ati has been good for me but... all good things must come to an end. should do an f-dick to get rid of all traces of ati crap or just unistall?

haha... f-dick eh? i don't think you will need to reformat via f-disk... instead it helps to uninstall the ati ****... install the card... then put in the windows disk and do a install over the current one... cleans **** out supposedly... and then install the 6800 drivers.... its always good to do that or a clean install when installing new driver run hardware... especially when there could be remnants of other drivers to conflict with it... la la laa

EDIT: On a sidenote... i didnt know gigabyte had a 6800... or that they made nvidia... i thought they were ATi only

159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

haha... f-dick eh? i don't think you will need to reformat via f-disk... instead it helps to uninstall the ati ****... install the card... then put in the windows disk and do a install over the current one... cleans **** out supposedly... and then install the 6800 drivers.... its always good to do that or a clean install when installing new driver run hardware... especially when there could be remnants of other drivers to conflict with it... la la laa

EDIT: On a sidenote... i didnt know gigabyte had a 6800... or that they made nvidia... i thought they were ATi only

yea they do but i changed my mind and went with BFG instead. it looked like a sweet card but ... the fun being on top would have blown hot air on my all ready hot processor. bfg spent little on packagring and theres no extra game so i belive it all went into the card which is what i would want .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts