Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I'm sketching up a new desk for my computer space, and it's in a bit of a weird space.

I plan to put the case on the shelf just above the sub(First of all, is that okay?) and the desk is only 505mm deep and it's only around 1.5m from the ceiling, making it very hot during the summer.

My first thought was getting a good m-atx case like the TJ08-B or Fractal Arc Mini and further down the line, watercool it to get decent temps.
Then I saw the Lian Li T60 and I thought, why not?
tongue.gif

I'd get the extra fan rack for dual 120mm fans, and then later on I could just as easily slap a 240mm rad onto that right?
I don't exactly tinker a lot with my computer, but I really enjoy looking that the innards and the bench would give me full exposure to my goodies all the time.
smile.gif

Surely it must have at least a little bit better airflow than a regular case? Dust buildup isn't a big worry for me since it would be at least ~350mm above the floor and I dust out my cases every 2-3 months either way.

So.. is it a dumba** idea?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not a good idea if you have one of the following things:
  • Cat
  • Dog
  • Younger sibling
  • Tinkering friends
  • Older sibling
  • Pet snake
  • Pet owl
  • Pet camel
  • Pet tiger
  • Pet jellyfish, no wait, that's actually fine
  • Pet hamster - Houdini edition
  • Rock-throwing neighbors
  • A tendency to spill drinks - combined with a habit of drinking while at your desk
  • Pet turtle
  • Pet monkey
  • "Funny" uncle
  • Pet mouse/rat
  • Paranoid parents "Oh sweetie, you're gonna get ELECTROCUTED!"
  • Very paraniod parents "Ain't foolin' me, boy. You need a case to keep the viruses inside and the government out. The government!"
  • Pet koala
Other than that, I like the idea.

• Rep+
Reactions: Leyaena

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha, nice list Oystein, luckily the only thing I've got off that list is a dog, and it's tiny.. and doesn't come up to the top floor since it's too afraid of the stairs.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
202 Posts
Then I see no reason not to go for this, as long as you are vigilant with your out-dusting.
wink.gif

·
Premium Member
15,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post

Not a good idea if you have one of the following things:
  • Cat
  • Dog
  • Younger sibling
  • Tinkering friends
  • Older sibling
  • Pet snake
  • Pet owl
  • Pet camel
  • Pet tiger
  • Pet jellyfish, no wait, that's actually fine
  • Pet hamster - Houdini edition
  • Rock-throwing neighbors
  • A tendency to spill drinks - combined with a habit of drinking while at your desk
  • Pet turtle
  • Pet monkey
  • "Funny" uncle
  • Pet mouse/rat
  • Paranoid parents "Oh sweetie, you're gonna get ELECTROCUTED!"
  • Very paraniod parents "Ain't foolin' me, boy. You need a case to keep the viruses inside and the government out. The government!"
  • Pet koala
Other than that, I like the idea.
:
lachen.gif
: Good Stuff! :
lachen.gif
: Pretty good stuff there :
lachen.gif
: Houdini edition hamster

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I have the Lian Li bench and love it. Like the previous posters have stated you just have to be a little cautious at first. I got used to having it on my desk and just automatically stay away from it. If you get one make sure it has the stabilizer bracket on the back.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac11 View Post

I have the Lian Li bench and love it. Like the previous posters have stated you just have to be a little cautious at first. I got used to having it on my desk and just automatically stay away from it. If you get one make sure it has the stabilizer bracket on the back.
Do you run it 24/7? Are you aircooling it? How are the temps?

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I am also considering this, so I am curious how this plays out for you. I saw a phobya one on one of the main water cooling sites that looked pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts