Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The website is up, let's see if it happens again.

EDIT: I'm erasing the site from the web host and re-uploading it.
Apparently the server has some old files cached from the very first version

Hold on until I re-upload it, thanks a lot for your help.

I just finished the design part for the website I'm making for a small flooring company. Everything looks good on all the computers in my house, and my friend said that it's working, and now I need some people to go on the website and see if it loads/works OK.

The reason I'm asking for this is because the web host was glitchy/laggy for me sometimes and I got extremely weird results, but it seems normal now.

Don't worry about the text or content, I'm still formatting/uploading the text.
I'm just curious if the design works.

The site address is [URL=http:/URL]Http://floors4u.info[/URL]

And below I attached the image that
shows what it should look like
View attachment 204647

And before anyone asks..
I'm not doing this for views or hits or whatever, it's a flooring company.

Suggestions on improving the design are always welcome
smile.gif


tl;dr go to floors4u.info and tell me if design works
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsite;13057494
Google chrome glitch.
I thought I got rid of that already
thinking.gif
but looks like I'm out of luck

The glitch you're having is because there has been a first version with the menu on the left.

Could you clear your chrome cache and see if it happens again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
its not the webhost, its your CSS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
It's not centred and that error's coming back.
tongue.gif

I gotta get down to learning some css. Slacked off after HTML.
frown.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by max it;13057573
It's not centred and that error's coming back.
tongue.gif

I gotta get down to learning some css. Slacked off after HTML.
frown.gif
Centering is done with the "margin:0px auto;" line.
The site looks like a frankenstein version of the very first testing page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeermench;13057561
its not the webhost, its your CSS
CSS loads fine for me on my local webserver, and for the actual website too..
I'll reupload it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
Here's what I saw in FireFox 3.6.16

EDIT Just saw your edit in OP. I'll check back later and see if it still looks like what I uploaded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, it's up, I at least HOPE it loads correctly..

Could be that the FTP client didn't overwrite some files, but I can't tell if it works for everyone.

Try clearing cache or refreshing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
The "Contact Us" button doesn't work for me

The "Floor Types" page gives the following errors
Warning: require(floortypes.html) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web018/b184/ipg.floors4uinfo/index.php on line 25

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'floortypes.html' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web018/b184/ipg.floors4uinfo/index.php on line 25

Other than that, looks like it should on FireFox 3.6.16.

Loading speed is pretty slow, but then again my daughter is on Youtube right now and my internet speed is pretty crappy to begin with so that one could be on my end.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: srsdude

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razinhail;13057732
The "Contact Us" button doesn't work for me

The "Floor Types" page gives the following errors
Warning: require(floortypes.html) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web018/b184/ipg.floors4uinfo/index.php on line 25

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'floortypes.html' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web018/b184/ipg.floors4uinfo/index.php on line 25

Other than that, looks like it should on FireFox 3.6.16.

Loading speed is pretty slow, but then again my daughter is on Youtube right now and my internet speed is pretty crappy to begin with so that one could be on my end.
fixed it.
Don't worry about the content, it's not done yet
wink.gif

thanks

And yea, the webhost is pretty slow, I might ask the client to change it to GoDaddy or just about anything else.
But it could be because I set up a simple PHP script to make further expansion easier...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
150 Posts
If you try to select the main content text in Chrome, you select the text AND the left background.

I don't even need to look for the problem, I know what it is. You used a float somewhere but didn't clear it. Have seen the issue before, often...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,337 Posts
Seems alright for me with FF on Vx64. Your css seems a little funky in some spots though. You should validate if you havent yet.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: srsdude

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:


Originally Posted by A-E-I-Owned-You
View Post

Seems alright for me with FF on Vx64. Your css seems a little funky in some spots though. You should validate if you havent yet.

It's all validated. I go through every page and make sure it all works out.
Could you provide me with a screenshot and tell me what's wrong?

Quote:


Originally Posted by floatingDivs
View Post

If you try to select the main content text in Chrome, you select the text AND the left background.

I don't even need to look for the problem, I know what it is. You used a float somewhere but didn't clear it. Have seen the issue before, often...

Ah, going to look for it now.

edit: the only thing that I see floating is the image.

By the way, awesome user name.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
150 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by srsdude
View Post

Ah, going to look for it now.

edit: the only thing that I see floating is the image.

I attached an image to show you the issue in Chrome. The problem is that you're floating an image to the right without clearing it (you can't, otherwise your paragraphs start underneath the image) so I'll try to find the solution. I'm not sure if it's going to cause any issues, but you still want a nice design.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top