Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just thought I would drop in and share with you guys a quick and dirty (at least the implementation
) application I wrote over Easter weekend for kicks. It simply parses the stats data file (tf2_playerstats.dmx) from TF2 and displays the information in several different ways. The stats file contains a little more information then the in game stats display shows. It's not terribly useful, but you can find out extra things like total damage, total playtime etc..

Anyway, it requires the .net framework (anything from 2-3.5, I have included versions compiled in 2, 3 and 3.5). I may make some updates from time to time when I am bored (maybe some graphs), shoot me an idea or two if you want, but that's a maybe. Let me know if you find some problems (the parser is not terribly pretty so it may break if they change the structure of their files one day).

Downloads:
EXE FILES
SOURCE

Screenshots are dead (may get some up another time)

Cheers.

·
Banned
361 Posts
Thanks, will try it out. Its not a virus or anything is it?

Edit 1~ According to BitDefender online scanning, its safe. Still waiting for the Jotti servers to calm down so I can scan with that.

Edit 2~ Net 3.5 works fine on my computer

·
Registered
224 Posts
This looks super cool, but could someone look at it and check it...No offense but I am very protective over my steam account
. If its the real deal this is really cool.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it's not a virus, you can have the source code and compile it yourself if you want (provided you know c# syntax and have visual studio hehe)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, thanks for posting this app, its great. You mentioned that you would release the source code so people could check it for viruses, but will you share the source code for people who would like to play around with the app, see how it works and perhaps expand upon it?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya sure I could do that. I have no conditions/licenses other then to leave the comments in the code stating I was the original author. I will post the source when I get home from work.

The code is not terribly pretty and not commented, but I hope it is not too hard to follow. I just pretty much did the first thing that came to mind, and if it worked, I left it alone. Like I said it was quick and dirty haha. I would actually like someone to expand upon it, maybe have some graphs or reports like the ones in the game, I think that would be neat. I just don't really have the time to play with it. Also if you do make an update to it I wouldn't mind hearing about it from you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Polska,

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it that you would share the source.

I know all about "not pretty" code, sometimes its better to get it to work then to worry about making it work better.

My current plan was to try convert your app over to VB, my C # is still a little weak, and just try to get a handle on how you parsed the info, your GUI, things like that. As for expanding it, graphs and charts sound like a great idea. I also wanted to try creating a signature generator using the stats from the app so people could generate their own TF 2 sigs without having to link it out to a website, they could instead just upload an image, it wouldn't be dynamically updated though....

I would welcome any help or suggestions you have regarding the program, or if you do end up having time, maybe a collaboration between the two of us on it?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I promised I have included my Solution files in a zip. have fun. If you have some questions I will try to get back to you asap.

DOWNLOAD SOURCE FILES

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a great app. I'd love to see a version where people could submit their results to a website, which would then display overall community stats like averages and maximums for each class/field.

I handle a very large F/OSS website and do database and PHP development, so I'd be happy to set something up with you. Just let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Damn, I really wanted this tool, but I am unable to downlaod it, as I do not have the access to do so (when I click on the link anyway)

Any Help? =]

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't visited here much lately and didn't even notice that host died. If anyone is still interested I might be able to find another host tonight at which point I will post a link for anyone who may have or still is interested.

Cheers.

[EDIT]
New links added, check original post.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
This is quite the Necro Bump and I do apologize, but I just happened to dearch TF2 on OCN and this was the first thread that came up. Is this still available or would you be able to re-upload it to mediafire so it will stay on there for a LOOOONG time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, yeah epic bump! 3 years old haha

Well depending on what you would like to use the stats for there might be other options for you
Let me know what you are after and I might be able to help you out!

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Well I was very curious as to what this program did that was different from the online places. But not only that, I was hoping to have something to where I could possibly compare sessions for the day, as well as the standard statistical display possibly in some sort of close knit vertical or horizontal bar graph or even a line graph would be sweet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well there are several ways you could try setting this up depending on what exactly you are doing and where you and your friends are playing.

Add me on steam (excessiveevil) and we can chat about it there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts