Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
We've yet to see whether these models will carry the 'M' suffix of the more recent models, but we suspect they will.

The 27" U2711 will also be discontinued and phased out in favour of the U2713HM. By the way, this has recently shown up on Dell's USA website (finally) with a retail price of $799 USD.

More information as we get it.
Source:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/27.htm#dell_u_replacements

·
Registered
795 Posts
If I only had $1500 dollars I would be able to pick up the 30inch model

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice, the U2410 has had a long run, still can't beat the colour depth at that price. What I want is higher density IPS though, like a 1600p 24", yes I sit too close to my screens
rolleyes.gif

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
I'm gonna go insane if the U2413 is 16:9. We have enough of those in Dell's lineup already, so they better make it count.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Can't wait to get out of college, put this CSci degree to use, and buy some new toys like these. I've been using a 24" for about three years, and it started seeming small a long while ago; even the upgrade to 1200p can't sate my thirst. Those Korean 1440p monitors sound real nice, but I have a hard time giving up domestic "premium" warranty and fully adjustable stand.

·
Sexagenarian
C6E R9 3950X 32g DDR4 3200 500gb M.2 2x4gb Toshiba HDD EVGA GTX 1070Ti air cooled ( Noctua NH-D15S )
1,061 Posts
Quote:
And I was about to go dual 2410... umm... I think I'll wait now.
I already went triple U2410 - too late for me .
No complaints though except the heat they generate in a small room .

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I bought my u2711 2 months ago.....

Glad to see the u3011's finally getting an upgrade.

EDIT: here's a summary from what i can see:

it drops some ports / card slot , gains a portrait mode and USB3 for the hub , but uses LED instead of CCFL

Overally it looks like both products could coexist. Pros and cons for both, so i'm not so let-down by this afterall

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.