1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Damnit At&t, I now hate the reason for why my sister switched to them just because of the iphone. shouldve stucked with Verizon.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
How in the hell is it "sad" or "fail"? bugs happen. software conflicts happen. They admit their mistakes and fix it promptly (unlike, say, Apple for example)

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MijnWraak View Post
How in the hell is it "sad" or "fail"? bugs happen. software conflicts happen. They admit their mistakes and fix it promptly (unlike, say, Apple for example)
It seems more and more frequent for software/hardware bugs to be present upon release. I think companies do less and less testing. I would very angry if I bought an iphone and it running at a crawl.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglylizard
View Post

It seems more and more frequent for software/hardware bugs to be present upon release. I think companies do less and less testing. I would very angry if I bought an iphone and it running at a crawl.

The more software you involve the more bugs you introduce. It's the nature of the beast.

·
Banned
882 Posts
lol at the people saying

"Verizon PWNS ATT SUX"

Problems happen people... Get over it.

I don't really get whats with all this verizon and att...

A phone is a phone to me...

·
Something witty
2,400 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdek
View Post

The more software you involve the more bugs you introduce. It's the nature of the beast.

Consumers are being used as beta testers, and nobody is complaining enough to get them to stop.
It is happening more and more in all industries. But part of it is that the devices ARE getting more complex.
There are so many facets to each device that it is almost impossible to test them completely within time and budget constraints.
It is much cheaper to release a mostly working product than to release dated(albeit working) tech months after your competitor.
Not sure I like this trend.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparhawk
View Post

Consumers are being used as beta testers, and nobody is complaining enough to get them to stop.
It is happening more and more in all industries. But part of it is that the devices ARE getting more complex.
There are so many facets to each device that it is almost impossible to test them completely within time and budget constraints.
It is much cheaper to release a mostly working product than to release dated(albeit working) tech months after your competitor.

That's kind of what I was hinting at, though I admit not being very clear in my point.

I prefer to have my products tested longer, and have them released at higher prices/later dates but have them working better than the alternative. But that's just my opinion

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparhawk
View Post

Ever work as a developer or tester?

Bugs and code defects happen. The more complicated things are, the more test cases need to be written and executed. In a development lifecycle, there's only so much time and since QA is at the end, many times edge case scenarios get cut out of the test plan. Plus, to test something completely thoroughly, you'd need to test some things for years. And you gotta go to market sometime or else you'll never bring in revenue.

·
Registered
988 Posts
They may say they're not doing it... but their network is bottlenecking at a minimum.

They simply don't have enough spectrum to handle all the data traffic they have.

They're doing the same thing cable companies do... selling "unlimited" plans... and then can't handle it. They also sell "up to" speeds and then never deliver anything close.

Why do you think ATT quit selling unlimited plans?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Blame the iphone exclusivity imo. If it was on more networks the load would be shared...ATT doesn't have the infrastructure to handle them, honestly that might be why they have no good android phones

·
ψ(`∇´)ψ
6,036 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MijnWraak View Post
Omg they made a mistake that's why, all of us are perfect and so any time someone makes a mistake it is fail. Software conflicts never happen to us!

Apple never did anything wrong people just don't know the proper way to hold their phone. How many time does Steve Jobs need to explain this?

Some of you are clueless.

/sarcasm xD

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bucdan
View Post

Damnit At&t, I now hate the reason for why my sister switched to them just because of the iphone. shouldve stucked with Verizon.

I've got a VZ PC Card, ATT 3G Destroys them speed wise. At least in my area...

Part is ATT's problem in high density areas is they don't have enough spectrum... FCC needs to free some up, which is what the US Gov plans to direct them to do. Nobody has as much data usage as ATT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts