Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AMD has dealt a savage blow to poor Intel, the wording of the sweepstakes is brutal.

AMD's feud with Intel took an interesting turn today as the company announced that it would swap 40 Core i7-8086K's won from Intel's sweepstakes with a much beefier Threadripper 1950X.
excerpt from the AMD press release:

Our competitor recently kicked off a sweepstakes to celebrate the first 40 years of the x86 processor by giving away 8,086 limited edition processors.

We appreciate the advancements they’ve helped drive with the x86 architecture over the last four decades. But, we’re ready to take it from here. That’s why we’re giving 40 performance-hungry enthusiasts in the U.S. an opportunity to celebrate the next 40 years of high-performance computing by trading in their commemorative processor prize for our CPU that enables you to work, play and create with heavy metal.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-amd-sweepstakes-8086k-threadripper-1950x,37320.html

·
Mining the DB
2,333 Posts
OUCH!!!

Awesome blow from AMD hahaha.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I love my Threadrippers but c'mon that's kind of a low blow
good for press good for marketing i'm sure
make good statements by building good products...not garbage headliners like Poor Volta

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
you guys how awesome it is when intel is running around trying to get us awesome hardware faster than i could remember maybe since the k7.... hopefully the same happens when intel starts to spit out gpus.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,039 Posts
Is it a 2950x? :D

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,901 Posts
AMD never learns and so don't most other big US HQed international corporations:

Most of the world does not live in US.
wasn't the Intel drawing limited to the US?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nope. Would never trade a limited edition anything for a run of the mill other thing.
"Limited Edition" hahahahahahaha. Its not limited edition when i can literally goto one of several shops around me here in Australia and pick one up.. Theres hundreds of thousands of these out there

·
Registered
645 Posts
Nope. Would never trade a limited edition anything for a run of the mill other thing.
maybe you'd like to buy my limited edition 3570KX. Its a overclocked 3570K, then i drew the X on with a sharpie on the IHS.
Same as 8086k is OCd 8700K with a different name. lol

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,039 Posts
maybe you'd like to buy my limited edition 3570KX. Its a overclocked 3570K, then i drew the X on with a sharpie on the IHS.
Same as 8086k is OCd 8700K with a different name. lol
Sharpie is still better then the stock paste.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
what a lame thing to say AMD. not even a proper jab. isnt threadriper like 1000usd anyways.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts