Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
"You go out there and you kill the dragons," he describes. "You kill Mehrunes Dagon in Oblivion. In Morrowind, you're up there fighting the Tribunal - those are huge, global, epic things that you don't want to stand in line to do in an MMO. The last thing you want to do is have the final confrontation with Mehrunes Dagon as he's stomping across the Imperial City, and you see like 15 guys behind you waiting to kill him because they're on the same quest."
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Elder-SCrolls-Online-MMOG-Matt-Firor-Zenimax-Online,15701.html

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Hmm...

·
Iconoclast
30,646 Posts
Not my kind of game.

·
Meow!
8,487 Posts
I can't believe they say that... "Firor knows all about the MMO community." & ""Having been in MMOs for a very long time, I know and understand that community very well," he said. "...

lol... and you still stated 100% solo in MMO. Then what's the point of MMO? And don't forget Elder Scroll in MMO has a dumbed down graphic looks more cartoon.

I've cancelled SWTOR for a long time already it is because it's all about being solo. There aren't any point of MMO side due it lacks of high end contents but bunch of solo quests.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
What an awful game, and i haven't played it (so, opinion of course)

·
Registered
99 Posts
If this isn't free-to-play out of the gate, it's going to flop. I already have Skyrim for single player, and there are already good MMOs for dungeon-crawling and raiding. There is no place for this thing. Less people on the MMO, more on TES:6 and Fallout 4 please Bethesda.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post

games like The Elder Scrolls aren't meant to be MMOs
Yup. Tell that to the majority of the blind sheep who praise everything and anything about this title, though.

TESs success is everything an MMO is not. They're devoting resources to a saturated genre, and i don't believe for one second that this will not impact the single player titles in any way. This game seems very counter-productive if you ask me. Another cash-cow to the pile.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
These guys keep trying to replicate WoW and keep failing. Bethesda I know you want a billion dollar cash cow like WoW but it is not going to happen. We are talking about something outside of your developer's area of expertise.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
They still call it MMO? I get why people like the elder scrolls series so much. It is a very open ended RPG, however it's mostly for people who can spend hours and hours on it doing the most trivial things. I get bored of it very easily, the progression is painfully slow.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
The stories in Bethesda games have always been lacking, to the point where The Elder Scrolls probably has one of the easiest times transitioning to MMO without upsetting its fans in that regard.

If a series like Final Fantasy, which has a much stronger focus on story than TES, can go online sporting a story like Final Fantasy XI's (one of the best in the series) then I don't see why TESO couldn't do the same. Especially if it can be done solo; having to play in groups meant a lot of FFXI players skipped the story and just assumed it was bad.

Then again, Final Fantasy XI stayed incredibly true to the series' roots where as TESO seems to be trying its darnedest to alienate TES fans.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts