1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Palit GeForce GTX470

Palit GeForce GTX480

Quote:
Feast your eyes on the packaging for the upcoming Nvidia Fermi-based video cards!

While we don't yet have Nvidia's upcoming GF100-based video cards to show you just yet, we have received some of the first box art for retail GeForce GTX 470 and GTX 480 that you'll see in stores from Palit.
Source

Please keep posts on topic and friendly and keep all negative comments to yourself.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Vrooooooooooooom!

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
won't be seeing them in US tho

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nburnes
View Post

Love how instead of 1.5 GB they try making it sound like much more with 1536 MB.

I love how the person with ATI icon under their avatar has to point out something as pointless as this

·
Registered
343 Posts
Gold plated Cornish Pasty. Yum!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nburnes
View Post

Love how instead of 1.5 GB they try making it sound like much more with 1536 MB.

Only saying it has 1.5 GB could get them in trouble for false advertising when in fact it's actually 1536 MB of Ram, or 1.536 GB.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coz_411
View Post

Only saying it has 1.5 GB could get them in trouble for false advertising when in fact it's actually 1536 MB of Ram, or 1.536 GB.

True.
Also not all GFX distributors are trying to mess around with words or numbers. I mean, they point key features and I think it's a really good thing. I mean, how do I care if the card is able to do P20k Vantage points? They probably used it with a high end overclocked i7 in ideal conditions; how is that representative of most of the people with Core2Duos or i3's or i5's or Athlon's or Phenom's? But I can say that even though 1,5gb is indeed a marketing gimmick; it does provide more performance and is FUTURE-PROOF.

On OP: Where are their frogs? I clicked the link to see frogs! They where so cool!!! Although this looks nice too, frogs are cooler!

·
Straight Outta Commadore
2,728 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coz_411
View Post

only saying it has 1.5 gb could get them in trouble for false advertising when in fact it's actually 1536 mb of ram, or 1.536 gb.

1024 MB=1 GB. 1536 MB=1.500 GB.

Edit: Why won't these forums let me put mb and gb in caps. It keeps reverting, heh. Maybe it is firefox's spell check, irritating.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
They're trying to make it look like a Harley-Davidson motor/symbol.

but they're making it look like an antivirus or antispyware symbol lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts