Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on a few recommendations for my 2.4C Northy from members here I went ahead and picked up the Asus P4P800E-Deluxe board from NewEgg..

In the process I needed new 3200 RAM since my old board was older 2100 memory which I new it and the older ViA board were holding me back..

Boy whas I surprised just HOW much I was being held back! LMAO..

Popped the old board out and replaced with this Asus and added 1g of OCZ Platinum Edition (2x512 Dual Channel) and proceeded to.. Yes, Re-Install Windows.. Like 4 times!

Seems I should have waited for WindowsUpdate to complete *all* 1.5 hours of downloads and installs before installing anything else. With that behind I adjusted a few BIOS parameters and installed the Asus AI Booster tool which I find is very easy and nice to have!

Final results so far where 3.2ghz @ 533FBS and a divider of 3:4 on the RAM running 2:4:4:7 clocks.. Not too shabby as I could just barely hit 2.9 on the old ViA board before she would take a dump..

CPU-Z Verified is here

Thanks again and once I find the posts I'll give credit to the ones who did recommend this board as I'm TOTALLY impressed with it and am sure now this Northy and board will live a comfortable life for the next year or so until I'm forced to upgrade, yet, once again

Any advice to push this further are ALWAYS welcomed

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I'm glad to hear a fellow overclocker getting good solid advice, and then seeing some positive results.
That "northy" will go a good bit further than 3.2ghz but thats a good start.
My daughter has the P4P800E-Deluxe mobo with a 3.0e but I have'nt found time to sneak down there to oc it a bit (but one day!).

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
congrats!!! ya that northy should go a little further with sufficient cooling and a little more voltage... but nice oc anyways!!! good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts