Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post about the games you are playing. I know this is PC gaming but you can also post console games here if you want.

Here is what I am playing these days and loving it.

Ass Creed Syndicate. Hit 20% sync and finished Sequence 4. Thus far, 9/10.

Black Ops 3. Finally found out how to Prestige (lol) and am now Level 9 post prestige. MP is such a blast and Nuketown is better than ever. 9/10.

Need for Speed. The new one, just started since it was on sale for 28 bucks (digi deluxe) on the XBONE. Too early/10.

Rise of Tomb Raider. About 36% done and having an absolute blast with it. 9/10.

Life is Strange. Started this game. Seems interesting enough to indulge. Too early/10.

StarCraft 2 Legacy of the Void. A bit neglected since I had it on pre-order. Only done 2 missions and it is the fantastic StarCraft cheese flowing through the dialog. 8/10 (preliminary rating).

Dying Light. A bit of zombies is good. Really neglected game and I just go in to liberate a safe house or do a mission or two. Not particularly a fan of the game. 7/10.

Witcher 3 expansion. Started it after taking a break. Witcher is better than ever. Love the game so much. 9/10.

Fallout 4. Just started this one and it seems it is getting back logged. 9/10 (preliminary rating).

Forza 6. An absolute blast to play. Log in, do a few laps, unlock the next championship. Move on. So satisfying. 9/10.

Also have a few more games back logged that I am about halfway through but never went back to them. Mad Max, Uncharted 1 (replay), and Until Dawn come to mind. So many games. So much fun.

Best time for gaming in a long while.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,321 Posts
Kind of bored with gaming right now honestly.

Occasionally play Interstellar Marines and Company of Heroes 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
Metal gear solid V the phantom pain: Just finished the prologue part of the game, then I stopped once I met ocelot, cos I was curious to know whether the visual streaking thing was an intended thing or not.

Gta V online: still dieing often from the car landing either on its Back, smashing the car's rear end into a mountain, and sticky bombs...

BatMan Arkham Knight: Finished playnig harley's dlc, which was completely lackluster in overal content, but was pretty damn difficult (or maybe I just suck at third person beat em ups). Still haven't started the main story yet, well technically I have, but I have made no progress, I'm still on that first tower with the bat logo signal in the sky.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter: Up to level 3 at the moment, nothing beats an hour or two of old school fragging.
 

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
Joined
·
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Kind of bored with gaming right now honestly.

Occasionally play Interstellar Marines and Company of Heroes 2.
Can't blame you, Interstellar Marines bored me to death too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saq View Post

Turok Dinosaur Hunter: Up to level 3 at the moment, nothing beats an hour or two of old school fragging.
Nice to see someone else playing this. I'm up to level 8. It's a relief being able to play this game with good input/controls. In addition to this I'm playing Fallout 4 and finally going through the campaign at 141 hours in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,321 Posts
Yeah, looked good at release but not many active players so its dead in the water.

More interesting than the others I have in my inventory of late though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,506 Posts
ALL PC Games

Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm, I love this style of game play. The huge detailed maps. 70 players. Classes like Squad leader for mobile spawn points to advance, throwing smokes for cover, and marking artillery. Team Leader for recon and artillery. Real bullet physics. Iron sights, no cross hairs. The slow movement of the characters forces a different style of game play VS something like CS:GO

CS:GO, I like getting back to some roots and seems everyone is playing CS:GO now. Started playing it back in the days of Day of Defeat 2.0beta. Loved Day of Defeat. Source ruined it for me.

Unreal Tournament 4, UT4 is back to the same old intense CTF, DM, arena gaming and it's free at UT4 General Discussion. Loved UT3.
 

·
I like computers
Joined
·
7,546 Posts
Not sure what to really start at the moment, there are a few games I have on my backlog I have been playing through, but it's been a battle cause I haven't been able to get into any of them. Got quite a backlog though, so I might just start something fresh and go back and start games over that I am already in the middle of. Really, I have been addicted to Primal Carnage (first one) for the past while, and getting into anything else has been tough.

Almost finished Alice - Madness Returns, probably another hour or so left in that one. Loved it, but it got a bit repetitive so I've slowed right down on progress. Should have it done anytime now though.

I just started Fallout 3 last night, never played it before...think I might give it a shot since I have played through New Vegas already and was told FO3 is the better of the two. I didn't play too far into it though cause I plan to add a few mods before I do.

If I don't get into that, I think I might give Dark Souls another shot. I got into that one but got busy, so I will likely start over. This is just PC games, mind you,

I have a few console games on the go as well. Currently playing Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 on Dreamcast, it's a grind, only just got my first car fully upgraded. It's a really long game though. And also Super Mario 64...never did get the chance to beat it as a kid, am about half way through as of a day or two ago.
 

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
Joined
·
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

I just started Fallout 3 last night, never played it before...think I might give it a shot since I have played through New Vegas already and was told FO3 is the better of the two. I didn't play too far into it though cause I plan to add a few mods before I do.
Yeah don't even bother playing any of those games unmodded. Don't even start an unmodded game, because if you install a bunch of great mods after starting, that game will probably become unstable. Best to start a new game. I recommend the mods listed here.

FO3 has much better level design than NV, but is worse in every other way and I haven't seen anyone ever try to argue otherwise. New Vegas has significantly more role-playing than any other mainstream RPG since Neverwinter Nights 2 and its expansions, which were made by the same studio. It also has some of the best character development and dialogue quality I've ever found in gaming, only Planescape: Torment and the first two Fallout games can compare. Here's what I wrote earlier about NV, you can use it as a heads up on what to expect:
Quote:
In New Vegas, there were many different dialogue checks; that is, an actual unique dialogue option for different attributes, skills, and even perks. This includes but is not limited to:

  • Speech skill and Charisma score (Fallout 4 combines these into one which is fine, nothing is lost)
  • Intelligence (also prominent in Fallout 3)
  • Low Intelligence + High Speech
  • Low Intelligence + Low Speech (it probably has High Intelligence + High Speech options too but I don't remember off the top of my head)
  • Perception (also prominent in Fallout 3)
  • Strength
  • Barter (also prominent in Fallout 3)
  • Science
  • Medicine
  • Occasionally other skills like Explosives, Guns, Unarmed, and Survival
  • Occasionally it has dialogue options for perks that the player has like Cannibal, Lady Killer/Black Widow/Confirmed Bachelor like I said before (although I left out the latter since it's missing from Fallout 4), Terrifying Presence, and probably others.
In addition, the dialogue here was completely different depending on whether or not the player is above or below the conversation requirement. If a conversation has an option that required a Perception score of 8 for example, and the player only has a Perception score of 6, the player's dialogue would be different than if he/she had a Perception of 8 or above. This applies to Speech, Charisma, Intelligence, Perception, Barter, Science, Medicine, and other dialogue checks, while others wouldn't show up at all unless you met the requirement (all perk dialogue choices are like this, and most Strength ones).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
OP, the sheer amount of games you put under 'currently playing', reminds me of when i was younger and felt obsessed with finishing something like 10 games at a time for a sense of false accomplishment... not implying anything, though.

on topic, i just finished arkham knight, and had a great time with it, the story is really turned up a notch from the previous games. and on top off that you have the great formula of the batman games with the excellent gameplay and the solid melee combat with some alterations. so this game quite delivers for the sum of it's parts. only too bad the game's technically, is a train wreck

now onto continuing DA:I
 

·
I like computers
Joined
·
7,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

Yeah don't even bother playing any of those games unmodded. Don't even start an unmodded game, because if you install a bunch of great mods after starting, that game will probably become unstable. Best to start a new game. I recommend the mods listed here.

FO3 has much better level design than NV, but is worse in every other way and I haven't seen anyone ever try to argue otherwise. New Vegas has significantly more role-playing than any other mainstream RPG since Neverwinter Nights 2 and its expansions, which were made by the same studio. It also has some of the best character development and dialogue quality I've ever found in gaming, only Planescape: Torment and the first two Fallout games can compare. Here's what I wrote earlier about NV, you can use it as a heads up on what to expect:
Thanks for the info
thumb.gif
My only real disappointment with New Vegas was in regards to level design, so perhaps that is why I have had a few people tell me FO3 should be a better experience. And I didn't plan to get anywhere in the game without mods, just wanted to start it up and see what graphics looked like and such to get a good basis of where I want to start with the mods. Which I am glad I did because there was a GFWL fix that had to be done to even get the game to launch on Win10. Still have to figure out the stupid mouse acceleration though, which I remember doing on NV. The playthrough I did of New Vegas was modded too though, mostly just for visuals though. That also reminds...I also picked up Fallout, the first one, not long ago. Another thing on the backlog I have been meaning to play.
 

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
Joined
·
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

Thanks for the info
thumb.gif
My only real disappointment with New Vegas was in regards to level design, so perhaps that is why I have had a few people tell me FO3 should be a better experience. And I didn't plan to get anywhere in the game without mods, just wanted to start it up and see what graphics looked like and such to get a good basis of where I want to start with the mods. Which I am glad I did because there was a GFWL fix that had to be done to even get the game to launch on Win10. Still have to figure out the stupid mouse acceleration though, which I remember doing on NV. The playthrough I did of New Vegas was modded too though, mostly just for visuals though. That also reminds...I also picked up Fallout, the first one, not long ago. Another thing on the backlog I have been meaning to play.
With New Vegas, the following mods are a must have to spice up the world:

- A World of Pain
- Monster Mod (I use FO4Edit to remove Xenomorphs and Terminators lol)
- NV Interiors
- NPC Project mods (there are more than one)
- Populated Casinos

Also EVE is a necessity too, not that it affects the world. It's just so damn cool.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Kind of bored with gaming right now honestly.

.
This is a feeling I am hearing a lot lately. I wonder what the reason or reasons are. I feel the same way most of the time.

I am not really utterly excited about any games. Gamer in me is dying which sucks.

OT, I am playing Rocket League a lot on PS4 lately. Will grab it on PC when my GPU arrives on Tuesday.

Played few rounds of Star Wars Battlefront on PS4 as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Hmmm...in progress...

dying light....kind of addicted to this one right now, a sleeper hit for me, about 15% thru the story

witcher 3....almost done with the main story and a couple of the DLC quests have kicked in. Probably wont start it up again until the next expansion comes out

the evil within....started playing but its kind of disturbing, holding off on it for a while

alien isolation....probably 1/4 the way thru, not sure if i'm going to finish it at all, maybe later this year

ori and the blind forest....just started, interesting little game so far, at least i can play it with my daughter around, unlike the others
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

This is a feeling I am hearing a lot lately. I wonder what the reason or reasons are. I feel the same way most of the time.

I am not really utterly excited about any games. Gamer in me is dying which sucks.

OT, I am playing Rocket League a lot on PS4 lately. Will grab it on PC when my GPU arrives on Tuesday.

Played few rounds of Star Wars Battlefront on PS4 as well.
are you older like me? i'm in the same boat, i'll see something that looks awesome, then think, meh, i have so much other stuff to do that's more important or just dont have the time.

these life sucking games like skyrim and fallout 4 kill me, part of the reason i'm losing interest is because of how long these games are, they are hundreds of hours, i really dont have the time for these types anymore. i really wish they would go back to an end point in games, and not these endless continuing types.
 

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
Joined
·
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

these life sucking games like skyrim and fallout 4 kill me, part of the reason i'm losing interest is because of how long these games are, they are hundreds of hours, i really dont have the time for these types anymore. i really wish they would go back to an end point in games, and not these endless continuing types.
You say that as if most games are designed the same way, when in reality very few are (only games from those two franchises are to my knowledge).
 

·
Game since 3
Joined
·
860 Posts
Minecraft for life.
Building the biggest ancient tree ever, 70% exterior so far. 0% interior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

You say that as if most games are designed the same way, when in reality very few are (only games from those two franchises are to my knowledge).
I should have stated 'as of late', my fault.
I was basically referring to the last few years games, like Skyrim/Oblivion, Fallout 3/4, Witcher 1-3, Dragon Age: Inquisition. These are all very popular, 100+ hr games to go through, if you want the full experience. And CDPR said their next project is going to be far bigger than Witcher 3, so the way it looks to me is that these open world games are the future of gaming. Linear gaming will still be around for awhile, but who knows for how long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinexswarm71 View Post

OP, the sheer amount of games you put under 'currently playing', reminds me of when i was younger and felt obsessed with finishing something like 10 games at a time for a sense of false accomplishment... not implying anything, though.

on topic, i just finished arkham knight, and had a great time with it, the story is really turned up a notch from the previous games. and on top off that you have the great formula of the batman games with the excellent gameplay and the solid melee combat with some alterations. so this game quite delivers for the sum of it's parts. only too bad the game's technically, is a train wreck

now onto continuing DA:I
I love variety in life. That is why I own a powerful PC and 3 consoles. I play most new games that catch my interest. All games listed are ones I try to cycle through at least once a week. Yesterday I spent better part of the evening pushing through Tomb Raider on the box. Hit 48% complete and the game is so good. Also had a blast sniping fools in BLOPS3.
thumb.gif
 

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
Joined
·
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

I should have stated 'as of late', my fault.
I was basically referring to the last few years games, like Skyrim/Oblivion, Fallout 3/4, Witcher 1-3, Dragon Age: Inquisition. These are all very popular, 100+ hr games to go through, if you want the full experience. And CDPR said their next project is going to be far bigger than Witcher 3, so the way it looks to me is that these open world games are the future of gaming. Linear gaming will still be around for awhile, but who knows for how long.
Linear gaming will always be around. Open world games will just have a larger foothold from now on. Also, The Witcher 1 and 2 are extremely linear. Only 3 is open world. The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are far more focused on their main campaigns than all Elder Scrolls games, Fallout 3, and Fallout 4, and you're actually expected to stop at the ending of TW3 and DA:I (although DA:I now has a direct expansion, so instead you're now meant to stop after that).

It is true that RPGs in general are growing in size. Wasteland 2 (and Director's Cut) and Divinity: Original Sin (and Enhanced Edition) are not open world, but more open than classic RPGs and longer as well. I'm not sure about Pillars of Eternity though, so you can always give that a try. And if there are classic non-open world RPGs you've missed, don't hesitate to check them out. That's my advice to many; don't count out games just because of their age, unless it's something that's obviously far too old for you (like Pool of Radiance or the original Wasteland).
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top