Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
^^That's my user name^^
Joined
·
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, going by my current specs, what would be an idel upgrade for me to get? Budget is $150
I'm trying to choose between getting my other stick of OCZ and getting a cpu+mobo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,952 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by klewiss

OK, going by my current specs, what would be an idel upgrade for me to get? Budget is $150
I'm trying to choose between getting my other stick of OCZ and getting a cpu+mobo.

new processor and mobo time for you...

motherboard... Asus K8N-E $76
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=247032

Processor... AMD Sempron 3000+ $85
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ductCode=80504

If that's more than you want to spend, get the 2800+ for ten bux less, but that will give you some OC room... The memory is too much to spend on 1 thing (my opinion)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by wowza

new processor and mobo time for you...

motherboard... Asus K8N-E $76
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=247032

Processor... AMD Sempron 3000+ $85
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ductCode=80504

If that's more than you want to spend, get the 2800+ for ten bux less, but that will give you some OC room... The memory is too much to spend on 1 thing (my opinion)

128kb of l2 cache is ridiculous. I would have to recommend the combo posted by mustangpanda. If that motherboard can keep up, that processor should have good stock performance and even better overclocking potential. If you can, save up a little bit more money for your motherboard. Your motherboard is what ties your whole system together. Even an extra $10 will help, especially if you want to overclock....and you'll get a lot more performance if you overclock.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,674 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
save till you get about 200$ then you can get a decent... well ok cpu/mobo. becuase your in need my friend..you in need.
try your best to get a 939 mobo and cpu that way you have a good upgrade path -trey
 

·
^^That's my user name^^
Joined
·
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by Action Trey!

save till you get about 200$ then you can get a decent... well ok cpu/mobo. becuase your in need my friend..you in need.
try your best to get a 939 mobo and cpu that way you have a good upgrade path -trey

I made sure I hade upgrading room in '02, lol

I just want a cheap upgrade for now. when socket m2 comes out, if I can afford it, I will buy the low-end upgradable set. I made a mistake by getting a socket A setup back then... I had $200 comming...

BTW this upgrade is mainly for BF2.... I'm stuck on lowest settings at 35FPS MAX.....
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top