Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 597 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
Bu... but I just bought a new mouse. Oh well, I guess another £65 won't hurt.
:p

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're on their way to distribution right now... Several will be mine.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Would have been very interested if they didn't make it bigger... bah.

Also still Huanos.
frown.gif

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
I was getting worried about Zowie for a minute there with the missing FK stock. I find it REALLY strange that they made it bigger. With the larger size and the FK1 name I guess this leaves them open to release a smaller FK2 similar to the ec1/ec2 situation.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLv1080 View Post

Why didn't they put the 3366 instead of the 3310? I would buy one RIGHT NOW

I will miss the 450dpi step
frown.gif
The 3366 is a Logitech co-developed sensor. Pretty sure we won't be seeing that in a non-logitech mouse for a while.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

I was getting worried about Zowie for a minute there with the missing FK stock. I find it REALLY strange that they made it bigger. With the larger size and the FK1 name I guess this leaves them open to release a smaller FK2 similar to the ec1/ec2 situation.
Now it's more similar to the Sensei RAW
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineDark View Post

The 3366 is a Logitech co-developed sensor. Pretty sure we won't be seeing that in a non-logitech mouse for a while.
frown.gif

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilizum View Post

The sensor position will give loss of precision for that shape and length.
The center of the mouse? Looks like its in the exact same position as the FK.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Can we assume that "Plug and Play (no drivers needed)" means no software?

One of the things I most enjoy in my vanilla FK is no drivers. This gives a raw feeling to the sensor that other mice with software I've tried do not.

I'll be interested to see performance comparisons between FK and FK1.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zowie doesn't do software. It has preset DPI steps with a selector button and a set lod.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

Why the FK1 release without the FK2 at the same time though? Small mice always get screwed.
mad.gif
Looking at the measurements the size increase only seems like a slight increase.

The EC1 and EC2 are noticeably bigger and smaller.

But of course FK1 and a following FK2 wouldn't be unreasonable since they have EC1 and EC2.

I'd be worried if they decreased the size of an FK2 to even smaller than the original FK which is already getting on the small end.

For me the original FK is a perfect size, but I can see why many say it's too small. Not sure why they'd call it the FK1 without releasing an FK2 though.

1 - 20 of 597 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.