Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 984 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the 55nm GTX 260 216 Overclock Thread!

Owners please post your OC results so I can add you to the list

Thanks to Lyric for the updated graph!

Useful Stuffs:
  • Rivatuner - Overclock, monitoring, advanced settings
  • EVGA Precision - Simpler overclock and monitoring
  • GPU-Z - CPU-Z but for GPU, also saves BIOS .bin files
  • NiBiTor - Load/Save BIOS .bin/.rom files

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well, you can get a nice increase of voltage with a bios mod. Not quite the hard mod that a real volt mod is. I got an extra .13v from a bios mod.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
Moved

Could you post your 3d voltage please, as seen in RT?
Thanks.

I Don't have the card yet, but how can i find out the voltage? I thought GPU-Z would show it but I ain't seeing it!

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone View Post
i just bought a evga sc of this card. i'll install it in a few weeks when ive decided to go 790i or something else
A few weeks!? Why not just install it when you get it

Anyone know if it voids the EVGA warranty to reseat the HSF on these? I'm just looking to clean it up a bit, and throw a bit of AS5 in there and close it back up.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Microsis View Post
A few weeks!? Why not just install it when you get it

Anyone know if it voids the EVGA warranty to reseat the HSF on these? I'm just looking to clean it up a bit, and throw a bit of AS5 in there and close it back up.

Evga has a good warranty. You can remove the HSF. Just don't do any volt mods/etc.

I took the heatsink off of my 8800 GTX to put on some AS5. Just be careful not to rip al the thermal tape. I'm thinking about replacing my thermal tape or getting an aftermarket cooler. It gets gummy, sticky, picks up dust after awhile.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
xwinx / BFG / 65nm version / stock cooling / 704 core / 1518 shader / 1145 Mem /
(Stock 576

know nothing about voltage or bios- didn't tamper with any of those.
Tested overnight with Furmark 1650x1050 8xAA, 45% fan speed 84 degrees load

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Just started overclocking mine, I bumped it straight to 700/1500 and left the memory at the stock 2300, tested with FurMark and ATItool, going to push it further now.
LL

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post
Just started overclocking mine, I bumped it straight to 700/1500 and left the memory at the stock 2300, tested with FurMark and ATItool, going to push it further now.
I'm at 704 / 1518 or something like that, 45% fan speed.

But if I push it ANY further it will crash within 30 seconds in Furmark, but not due to a temperature problem because i stay under 85 degrees under load

any idea why?

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggy2k7 View Post
So these new cards are only as overclockable as the 65mm version, i thought they would be a bit better

XWINX-

Try dropping your shader clock to 1450MHz, i would think that is the cause of your stability problems
we'll see about that, there aren't even any "official" results yet...

oh and xwinx said he is on 65nm...

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xwinx View Post
I'm at 704 / 1518 or something like that, 45% fan speed.

But if I push it ANY further it will crash within 30 seconds in Furmark, but not due to a temperature problem because i stay under 85 degrees under load

any idea why?
Hm can't help you there, 85c is a little toasty, although perfectly safe i'd still bump up my fan speed a bit, 60-70% is still pretty quiet.

I'm currently at 756/1512/2300, load temps are 55c after 20 mins of artifact scanning in ATItool with 80% fan speed, I can't compare my temps to my old 65nm though because i've just moved into a different appartment for two months and it's alot warmer in here D;

Just got a new PB in Vantage at these clocks too, only by a few hundred points though, time to try out some games now

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Hm can't help you there, 85c is a little toasty, although perfectly safe i'd still bump up my fan speed a bit, 60-70% is still pretty quiet.

I'm currently at 756/1512/2300, load temps are 55c after 20 mins of artifact scanning in ATItool with 80% fan speed, I can't compare my temps to my old 65nm though because i've just moved into a different appartment for two months and it's alot warmer in here D;

Just got a new PB in Vantage at these clocks too, only by a few hundred points though, time to try out some games now

Nice clocks
higher!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Quote:

What vantage score did you get with those clocks ???

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggy2k7 View Post
What vantage score did you get with those clocks ???

13555, something like that anyway, I know it was 135XX. I'll do another run and take a screenshot, I forgot to take one for some reason.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Quote:

Is that on the stock voltage? Do you plan to BIOS mod this guy?

I am so jealous. I have had mine ordered the day after release and i still have not recieved it from newegg
Should be here thursday so they say.

1 - 20 of 984 Posts