Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this system fairly recently, and imported my old Audigy sound card. Everything was fine for awhile, but somewhere along the line it decided it didn't want to work anymore. More specifically, it just disappeared from the device manager and stopped working. When it move it to the other PCI slot on my board though, it works just fine. I have a 2nd Audigy card that I swapped out with identical symptoms. I don't believe this is a driver issue as it doesn't even detect an unknown device. I lived with it for awhile, but was tinkering again today. I found a setting in the BIOS - "Auto Disable DIMM/PCI Frequency" that was enabled. I disabled it, and sure enough, the card showed up again when I restarted. However, although it was detected just fine, when I tried to play some music nothing came out of the speakers. Upon a restart for a fresh driver install, POOF! It was gone again. I've ran through the BIOS numerous times and can't find anything else that might be causing this. Any thoughts?

I also started having other strange issues with this computer over the weekend, but I don't think it's related as it's been a couple weeks since the sound issue started. I'll create a seperate thread for those and post a link in a minute.

Edit: Link

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have one other PCI slot, and both Audigy cards work in it. I had issues getting the surround sound to work, but I think that was likely just a configuration issue as I've had the surround working fine before with the card in the other slot.

Updated the first post with my other issues now, but like I said, I think they're unrelated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.