Overclock.net banner

What will your next graphics card be?

  • AMD

    Votes: 53 86.9%
  • Nvidia

    Votes: 8 13.1%
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the AMD 7700 Series Club.
176

Here are some links to reviews and benchmarks on both the 7770 and 7750. guru3dtomshardware

AMD Announces A New 900MHz Radeon HD 7750


Need or want to buy an AMD 7700 Card? Check on Newegg.comLink to the 7000 Series

The AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition is the first graphics card equipped with a reference engine clock that breaks the one gigahertz barrier - making it the world's first 1GHz GPU. When coupled with AMD's GCN Architecture and the industry's very first 28nm GPU design, the AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition offers incredible, best-in-class entertainment experiences that every gamer deserves. Packed with incredible features, such as PCI Express 3.0, the ultra-efficient AMD ZeroCore Power technology or gaming at resolutions beyond 5760x1080 with AMD Eyefinity technology, these are the world's most advanced graphics. For everyone.

Need to download drivers? Click right here!

AMD 7770 Cards:
225225225225225225225225225225

AMD 7750 Cards:
225225225225225225225

Club Signature:
AMD 7700 Series Club

Code:

Code:
[CENTER][URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1241515/the-amd-7700-series-club] [B]AMD 7700 Series Club[/B] [/URL][/CENTER]
Requirements:
1. Must post a picture of you new card.
2.Fill out the entry form

Link To Form:Entry Form List
thumb.gif
Entry Form
thumb.gif


Members
Overclocker55 XFX Double D Black Edition FX-777A-ZDB4 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition
jirne XFX Double D Black Edition FX-777A-ZDB4 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition
nicoliani ASUS HD7770-DC-1GD5
slyfox HIS 7770
ThaSpacePope MSI 7770
gatornation240 7770 CrossX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
338

I went:

Anisotropy: 4x
Anti-aliasing: 2xAA

as I think this is good settings for this card to manage new demanding games.

GPU clock: 1125
Memory clock: 1450 (5800)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Meh too late, it's already installed no pictures from me.

Never had an AMD card before and I was a little worried with all the "bad" driver stories. Removed all my old nvidia drivers from my 8800GT and installed the new drivers. Haven't had so much as a hiccup. Card runs great it's whisper quiet compared to my 8800GT not to mention it was $119 at the egg with free shipping. Highly recommend
thumb.gif
. That is, if you can get for 130 and below.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: nicoliani

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Got an MSI 7770 yesterday. Had a crappy, annoying fan on it so I took it off and glued a silverstone 120mm fan to it. Now its a quiet little baby.

Temps are 70C under full mining load at 205Mhash 1100/300
Idles at 33C or less with new fan

Plays BF3 @ 1080p at medium/somehigh settings @ 45fps+

Full system power (G630 / 2x 4GB / 2TB 7200 RPM HD) is 33W idle, 106W mining, 140W gaming

360
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSpacePope View Post

Got an MSI 7770 yesterday. Had a crappy, annoying fan on it so I took it off and glued a silverstone 120mm fan to it. Now its a quiet little baby.
Temps are 70C under full mining load at 205Mhash 1100/300
Idles at 33C or less with new fan
Plays BF3 @ 1080p at medium/somehigh settings @ 45fps+
Full system power (G630 / 2x 4GB / 2TB 7200 RPM HD) is 33W idle, 106W mining, 140W gaming
I'm idling on 40C and full load 47-49C watercooled.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSpacePope View Post

Got an MSI 7770 yesterday. Had a crappy, annoying fan on it so I took it off and glued a silverstone 120mm fan to it. Now its a quiet little baby.

Temps are 70C under full mining load at 205Mhash 1100/300
Idles at 33C or less with new fan

Plays BF3 @ 1080p at medium/somehigh settings @ 45fps+

Full system power (G630 / 2x 4GB / 2TB 7200 RPM HD) is 33W idle, 106W mining, 140W gaming
adding
thumb.gif
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSpacePope View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoliani View Post

I'm idling on 40C and full load 47-49C watercooled.
What block did you get? My card is not reference. I also wonder why your idle is so high.
My idle is 28c on the dual fan xfx edition
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSpacePope View Post

What block did you get? My card is not reference. I also wonder why your idle is so high.
Probably because I haven't invested in a proper watercooling setup, see picture
tongue.gif


And I'm watercooling CPU, GPU, NB, SB and MOSFET. And only using one case fan, a 230x200 side fan on 620 rpm, and the rad fan on 750.

20120628151920.th.jpg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,050 Posts
I'm trying to sell my XFX Double D 7750 BE but people keep telling me "the 7770 are 30% better yet only a few dollars more!" I had to add this little note to my classified:
Quote:
NOTE: When AMD first released the 7750's, they had power requirements to abide by so they can do without the external power. They noticed that the cards could get higher clocks if they weren't limited to power restrictions. They did but instead of re-naming them to something like 7760 or something... they called it the 7750-900.
doh.gif
Mostly so that companies can slap a "Overclock edition" label onto them.
rolleyes.gif
While the performance difference between the 7750-800 and the 7770 are something like 30%... the 7750-900 and 7770 are only about 10% or less.
Might be good to put something like this in the OP? The source is from Anandtech but this is my wording of what they said.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

I'm trying to sell my XFX Double D 7750 BE but people keep telling me "the 7770 are 30% better yet only a few dollars more!" I had to add this little note to my classified:
Quote:
NOTE: When AMD first released the 7750's, they had power requirements to abide by so they can do without the external power. They noticed that the cards could get higher clocks if they weren't limited to power restrictions. They did but instead of re-naming them to something like 7760 or something... they called it the 7750-900. doh.gif Mostly so that companies can slap a "Overclock edition" label onto them. rolleyes.gif While the performance difference between the 7750-800 and the 7770 are something like 30%... the 7750-900 and 7770 are only about 10% or less.
Might be good to put something like this in the OP? The source is from Anandtech but this is my wording of what they said.
link me and ill do that
thumb.gif
 
1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Top