Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been shopping the past 2months for a cpu/mobo upgrade. My budget is about 350$ canadian.

Now iven been comparing . For around that budget I can get top end apu and mobo a A10-7850k and MSI A88X-G45.
But for more or less the same budget in the fx range i can get a 6350 and a M5A99FX Pro R2.0

Ive compared specs and benchmarks. But im wondering wich would be better for a decent gaming rig.

Keeping In mind I have a Gigabyte HD7870. Would it compatible to xfire to the onboard audio of the A10. And would it be a decent upgrade

Sent by me

·
Registered
214 Posts
No, can't be crossfired. Also, I would recommend Crossfiring a dGPU with an APU right from the bat. It isn't that upgradable, and doesn't give a lot bang/buck.

·
No.2 in Gaming
1,948 Posts
hello,
i would think about getting the Athlon cpu instead, be not surprised if it as good as and cheaper and will run that gpu.
thumb.gif

using an Athlon 2 x4 620 atm, has a few issues due to 2.6ghz speed, but works very well really.
wonder what the new Athlon oc like too?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Probably go for a FX-6300.

Although Richland based Athlons are not too shabby. I had one few weeks back, clocked to 4.6Ghz and it was decent. I ran that with a 7870, unfortunately it's minimum FPS made it a slightly poor performer for me.

Athlon 760K or FX-6300.

Stick with AM3+ and we don't really no if it's truly EOL. Stick with FM2+ and stay with quads for a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts