Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll

i noticed, that when u buy stuff and buy it already sleeved it costs you ALOT more then just buying the sleeves and the heatshrinks and its a bit boring i might say....

i'v tried that, i have no idea of how to use the heatshrink. so my sleeving came out amature,,,
and somtimes i ruined the molex connector trying to get it out an in again.

is there a guide anywhere for proper sleeving?

and another question, where do i need to install the n/c foam so it will have maximum effect?

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Sleeving Guide

Another sleeving guide

As for foam...everywhere. Everywhere you have bare casing revealed and can fit some foam that won't touch components. Lol. Particularly around the edges around the side panel and on the side panel, around hard drives and fans are important as well.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
learning how to properly sleeve cables wont happen over night. it takes time, practice, and most of all, lots of patience. it took me the better part of a year just to learn how to do it right. those links that the other 2 posted are spot on and should get you started. just remember, have patience and your work will pay off.

·
Banned
11,670 Posts
Lutro0 is an artisan here on OCN. Check out his subforum. He not only sells cheap sleeving tools that will result in epic sleeving but also has over two hours worth of videos and guides posted. Seriously, check it out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow i just went over his topic quickly he sleeves as pro as the guys at frozen cpu sleeve
and they charge 150$ for the sleeving he maid for his PSU :O

·
Premium Member
6,221 Posts
dawwww. Thanks for the kind words buddy.

DJ, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts