Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this comp will start in a little while (2-3 days depending on a few things).

Don't take it seriously, it's there just to prevent you people from getting board and to have a good time.

Before we start.

I have to ask use a few things.

I need to know all your PC games (less than a year old). Only so i know which custom benchmarks to use. Also, you will all need 3dmark 03 and 05, aquamark and i'll find some more.

If your interested in entering, you must post all your the games you own or have on your computer that are less than a year old. Also, if you specs aren't in your my rig showcase. please post your specs.

Thankyou and start tweaking your system to get ready..............

any other questions please PM me so that the people who are interested in entering, don't get mixed up with questions and junk.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on people. For fun, it will be interesting and well all know eachother and it'll be different to just searching the Futuremark site

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Myabe when I get my 6800GT in (April-ish) but no sense in benchmarking my 9700 Pro against X800s/6800s...

And there is a benchmarking section.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
how bout a few...like aquamark 3, 3dmark 03, 3dmark 05, Sandra maybe, and like something else....shouldnt make this that big...
and im not sure how this is going to work....

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you people just feel like doing aquamark becuse the 6800 does better. You need to do atleast 3. please list all the games you have.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If use list all the games you have, then we can see what games most people have and download the custom benchmarks.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I'll beat you all in 01 I'd bet.

haah yeah right...dream on lol

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Download the HOC Half Life 2 benchmark, the FarCry benchmarking utility, Gunmetal DX9, Aquamark 3, Shader Mark V2.0 and the code creatures benchmark pro. alos 3DMark 03 and 05. Please recommend any others or have comment about the tests i've chosen.

All the programs and becnhmarks mentioned above are available for free from http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=6 or by Clicking Here

You can also do the tests if you have less powerful cards so you and other people can compare. Once the Test starts i will make tables of people who are winning and all the people who are participating. You must supply screenshots of all your scores after each test. You can package all the screenshots in a zip file.

the test is not starting yet. It will start once the tsts are chosen and confirmed. Please add imput.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I need lists of what games you have. So far we are using these benchmarks.

3DMark05 & 3DMark03, Aquamark 3 and Gun Metal DX9

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Unreal Tournament 2003 has a built in benchmark called Unreal Performance Test, or for UT2004, there's a program out there called UMark.

I've never even heard of GunMetal

We have to stick to benchmarks that can be run without having to buy the retail games since we don't all have them. The UPT is also available on the UT2003 Demo.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yuo don't have to do them all but the more the better. Also we will be using Shader Mark V2.0 And if you have HL2 or FarCry, you can donload the becnhmarks for them and post your score. That's all. So they er:

1. 3DMark 2005
2. 3DMark 2003
3. Aquamark 3
4. Gunmetal Benchmark DX9
5. Shader Mark V2.0
6. FarCry bench (if you have farcry)
7. HL2 Bench (if you have HL2)

You do not have to do all the tests, but the more the better. If your serious all tests are recommended.

Thankyou and Strat Testing... Yuo can start posting your results in about 3 hours time since it will probably take that long to download all the becnhmarks and do the tests.

I will start a new thread called !!!The Official Benchmark Comp!!!

Even though it's not official, it's a good name...

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

I have:

Space Invaders
Asteroids
Chess Match 1999
Donkey Kong

hahahaha
ROF***** man...those must run pretty intensly on your system lol...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts