Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK , the title says it all. A friend of mine has a an AGP motherboard. And he wants one of the best , of not the best videocard for AGP.
Price doens't realy matter. Bacause I know they don't cost as much as a PCI-e.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks alot. Rep+ for that.
You 100% sure ? Not that I ecommend him to buy that card then another pops up ?

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Actually, they cost more than the PCIe versions.

Here is a PCIe version of the 3850 to compare to.

But yes, the 3850 is currently the best AGP card.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by /Ben View Post
You 100% sure ? Not that I ecommend him to buy that card then another pops up ?

Pretty sure..

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liability
View Post

Probably the 7950gt

Yeah, they didn't make any decent 8series AGP Nvidia cards... 7950gt was as good as it got on the green side...

Go red, the HD3850 was basically the last dying breath for performance AGP cards... the 3850 practically maxes out the bandwidth and companies see any R&D for AGP cards as being pointless/waste of money since most enthusiasts have moved onto PCIe

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killa_concept View Post
Yeah, they didn't make any decent 8series AGP Nvidia cards... 7950gt was as good as it got on the green side...

Go red, the HD3850 was basically the last dying breath for performance AGP cards... the 3850 practically maxes out the bandwidth and companies see any R&D for AGP cards as being pointless/waste of money since most enthusiasts have moved onto PCIe

And besides all that, if you have a 3850 in an old AGP board, you are way more likely to be CPU bottlenecked with today's new games and a faster graphics card won't really help much there.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killa_concept View Post
Were there even any 8 series AGP cards?

I know there are PCI cards, but I'm 98% positive there weren't any AGP 8 series cards

Anyway, the 7950GT gets trounced by the 3850 lol
If you're on an AGP system, you most likely have a bottleneck with your CPU (Unless you have some sorta dual core or something)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh right yes. Thanks.

Well he has a 4 year old Fujitsu Siemens PC , but still works really well on WoW. I was supprised.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I used to have a 7900GS (AGP) and it was pretty good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts